I am going to look at a Allis 745c. What kind and size,HP would this machine have? Also what should I look for ?
Allis 745C Engine Usually these machines had an Allis Chalmers 11000 MK II engine but in later models of the 745C they would have had an Allis Chalmers 685T (6 cylinder, 85 ltr displacemt T for turbocharged). If memory serves me right the way to tell was what kind of fuel pump they had on them, the early models had either a Robert Bosch or a Roosa-Master while the 685T all had Roosa-Master but with an Aneroid for throttle speed (at least I think that was what it was for). I don't know what to look for as I am not a mechanic but lived in the parts department. Hope this helps.
Sorry missed one of the questions, I think that they would have had 220 hp as rated hp when new.
Thank you for the Inf. A freind of my told to make sure check out the brakes ! And check the pins on front diff.