Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmer HD5 Leaking seals!

born2ride ยท 2014-09-18 20:01

My baby is leaking fluid on to tracks in the rear! I beleive it is the seals behind the drive sprocket. (that drives the tracks) How big of a job is it to replace the seals? Are the seals available any where? Thank you B2R

Replies2
  1. #1dcoot2014-09-20 20:25

    I was able to get seals for the 7G I had a couple of years ago from Minn-Par. There on the web and bought the parts stock and the rights from A/C when they went out, From what I've heard.

  2. #2DMiller2014-09-21 17:25

    I do not think you will find any seals anymore, no one is manufacturing them any longer and I purchased the last known sprocket seal a few years ago for my own 7G. Took a ton of searching old inventories but managed to find ONE in California. The Aussies have absconded with many of our beloved AC parts to keep their own running, I cannot think of any other seal system that will work for these as are unique in how they work.