I have an Allis Chalmers 7G track loader sitting in my back yard. I bought it last year at an estate sale. Thought I would have time to work on it but just can’t get around to it. As far as I know everything is functioning with the machine other than a leaking front seal. From the research I’ve done these can be worth something for parts. What are one of these worth. Obviously it has been sitting outside in the elements for years but there has to be some value in it.
Unfortunately I don't think there's too many of them still being used. If the undercarriage has some life left would be worth more than scrap. Some pics. to show condition might help to see if it's worth much.
It's worth only a little more than scrap value if the undercarriage has useful life left in it. Undercarriage for Allis Chalmers machines is virtually unobtainable.
It must have been proprietary for each manufacturer to have their undercarriage dimensions so replacements had to bought from the OEM. It's too bad there wasn't more universal sizes back in the day. There are some less common machines in relatively decent condition sidelined due to unavailable undercarriage. I remember seeing a Hanomag/Massey Fergusen 600 loader in the JD shop getting converted to a common JD undercarriage. Who ever owned it must have had deep pockets and liked tinkering with things. It also had a most unusual Mack engine in it.