Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers 816B backhoe transmission needed

chad79 ยท 2013-07-24 23:48

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone that has an Allis Chalmers 816 backhoe transmission or a parts machine that has one.Its a Borg Warner t19 4 speed thanks for any info

Replies14
  1. #1jeremy80902013-12-21 06:03

    My dad has an 816 with a rebuild engine,good parts machine I can send pics Jeremy 517-881-1150

  2. #2Winch Cat2013-12-21 08:23

    The T19 might have been used in a Jeep if I am remembering correctly. Minn-Parr had the output shaft and seals in stock for the last 816B that I worked on a few years ago.

  3. #3duramax-rob2013-12-21 12:17

    ?I also have an Allis Chalmers 816 Backhoe not running yet. I will Either have to rebuild my shuttle shift or go used. What is the difference between the 816 and the 816b? I have changed some of the hydraulic hoses, rebuilt Swing cylinders, rebuilt the hydraulic pump, in process of installing new guages, rear axle seals and brake shoes and wheel cylinders, fabricated a master cylinder to work, and now getting ready to pull shuttle shift tranny and gear transmission.

  4. #4chad792013-12-22 10:35

    816 Jeremy I am interested in seeing pics. [email protected] thanks

  5. #5ValleyFirewood2013-12-23 03:07

    Yes, also Fords from late 60s to late 80s... Broncos & trucks. Also internationals, trucks, Scouts, etc. Fairly common trans, parts are easy to find.

  6. #6chad792014-01-25 22:36

    The truck and jeep transmissions are different. The cases are about the onling thing that is interchangeable in them, I already tried that route.

  7. #7chad792014-07-11 15:21

    Allis chalmers 816 backhoe transmission needed Im still looking for a 4 speed transmission for my 816b backhoe. Or would consider a parts machine

  8. #8chad792015-03-18 17:50

    allis 816 backhoe transmission still needed Im still trying to find a transmission for an allis chalmers 816 backhoe. Its a borg warner t19 that goes into a reverser

  9. #9Tinkerer2015-03-18 18:11

    Do a google search for borg warner t19 they are out there for sale. Check out eBay there are some on there to.

  10. #10chad792015-03-27 08:20

    i was told by the guy that was going to rebuild it that the ford truck transmissions are different and wouldnt work. Seems as if the front shafts are different

  11. #11Tinkerer2015-03-27 08:48

    Wenger's is showing one being dismantled. http://www.wengers.com/construction_parts/dismantled.asp

  12. #12chad792015-04-03 12:43

    Thanks Tinkerer, i just called them and they dont have one

  13. #13Tinkerer2015-04-04 11:47

    Contact these people. Send them an email. I have purchased from them and was happy with the quality of the gears and bearings they sold me. http://www.joseph.com/

  14. #14chad792015-08-27 00:42

    Hello everyone, im still looking for a 4 speed borg warner t19 for my allis chalmers 816b backhoe. Any leads on one or a parts machine ,i would appreciate it, thanks , chad