Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allis Chalmers model 65 Motor Grader

apetad ยท 2016-04-14 18:08

Does anyone know how long this machine is? The trucker needs to know in order to pick it up and bring it to me! THANKS I found a press release that shows 11,000 pounds and 59 horsepower, other than that I can find no specifications or info of any kind. I've seen this model all over the place and I'm surprised I can't find any information on it!

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1DIYDAVE2016-04-14 21:19

    10,918 lbs and 63 HP, actually,if its a diesel, per Norm Swinford's book. I have a DD, its predecessor and hauled it on an 18' rollback, backwards, with the blade down, and the front wheels a danglin, but the cops were not as tough, pre 9/11/01, when I bought it.

  2. #2apetad2016-04-23 13:40

    The pickup location in Texas finally dries out and the trucker got it delivered! SURPRISE, It moves and mostly works! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaC_zmz1tQc

  3. #3d9gdon2016-04-23 21:16

    Well good to see you got it. Get it in some dirt now and shine the blade up.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2016-04-23 21:47

    Looks like its got the G226 engine, same as a D-17, one seventy, 170, and 175 farm tractor. It is a rare unit, if the gas engine is the original one, with only 180 of this model having the gas engine. Good find...:notworthy