hey guys,,, still in process of finding the rite truck to build my service truck with,,, but ive got a old FL70 with a manual trains. the truck is equipped with a pto for hyd. pump an a pto for the air compressor, was wanting to know if Allison auto.s come with a pto plate on each side of it or just one, another wander is how do ya tell if the trains. has the pto gear in it even if the plates there. I have heard storys of people removeing the plates to put there pto on an there want be a gear in there, kinda like when trains. was built they didn't install gear for future use.:Banghead
All the modern ones I have seen have plates on both sides but as to whether the gear is installed, I couldn't say for sure but they do not have so many model options as manuals so I would expect to find one there.
some have plates both sides you can run the serial number off the trans tag at the Allison website or a dealer can call it in to get the build options
Yup, depends on the model and how it was specced originally.
My memory is hazy, but I seem to remember working on one once that had 3 PTO plates. Maybe that was a Ford trans?