Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

allison transmisssion repair

Weldfixer ยท 2026-05-13 19:30

I am Having trouble finding anyone who will work on a allison TT2421-1 transmisssion and torque convertor In a Ford A 66 Wheel Loader. Anybody do business with Equipment Sales and parts in Greenville South Carolina The owner sure seems Knowledgeable. lot of shipping from nebraska though .

Replies11
  1. #1crane operator2026-05-13 21:59

    Centranz is right by Kansas City, a lot closer to you, I would start with them.

  2. #2Weldfixer2026-05-13 23:44

    Yeah They sent me to inland truck.... They can,t help me ... There has got to be some body in the midwest that works on these ... So many JD and case loaders use them...

  3. #3crane operator2026-05-14 06:41

    Did you try weller in kansas city?

  4. #4Truck Shop2026-05-15 06:28

    Owned by Jasper, there products are not all that great these days, with a warranty the likes of toilet paper.

  5. #5crane operator2026-05-15 07:29

    Yeah, weller has rebuilt some steering boxes for me, that I couldn't get anyone else to. I'm not a Jasper fan either. If centranz won't do it, his options are getting limited. Central Power systems by me, is the allison rep, but I don't think there's anyone there that really knows what they are doing. There's a place in pennsylvania that called Precision transmission. He's the ZF transmission guy for AT cranes. It may be worth a shot.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2026-05-15 09:27

    Allison place in pa Martin truck or something like that about 10 minutes from the grove factory maybe a shoot with them

  7. #7Tyler d4c2026-05-15 09:54
  8. #8mowingman2026-05-15 10:08

    Have you tried Stewart and Stevenson?

  9. #9Truck Shop2026-05-15 10:18

    Smith Power Products--Detroit/Allison. possibly

  10. #10Weldfixer2026-05-15 23:01

    Thanks to everyone!!! I will make those phone calls monday... Somebody will help me out ...there is a Lot of JD Payloaders using that transmission .I think JD headquaters should be given a call.. Thanks John

  11. #11steve wherley2026-05-17 10:02

    What happen to transmission ,did it strip out pump drive??