Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allison TT2420-1 and TT2221-1 Case w20

Markuz ยท 2019-03-24 16:16

Hello. I have a Case W20b with a failed converter. Live in Sweden so these are very unusual and difficult to get some parts for. Have got hold of a used TT2420-1. Can I use it instead? The engine is a 401BD. Tips? //Markus

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-03-30 17:52

    Do you have photos of both transmissions, and the serial number of loader and transmissions?

  2. #2Markuz2019-03-31 15:19

    Gearbox from W24 TT2420-1 (picture above). Serialnumber; 28520, part number:6832743 The original gearbox is still mounted in the loader, so it is not much to see. That gearbox, TT2221-1 has serialnumber 42451, Part number 6837757. They look the same but the W24 gearbox does not have parkingbrake mounted on the output shaft. But it has bolt holes for it. I read somewhere that the TT2420 has a bigger turbine than TT2221-1, does it matter? //Markus.

  3. #3Markuz2019-03-31 15:20

    The tracktor serial number is 3100557

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2019-03-31 17:16

    I think that they should interchange