I purchased this loader starts and runs great bucket goes up and down a little sluggish but works with good power. When I shift from forward or reverse it will not even try to move. Brake pressure light is no not sure if this would have anything to do with it. I checked trans fuse and that is good. Also checked wiring to down shift button on the bucket control and it has power in and out as it should. Any ideas where to start?
If the brake pressure light is on then that means you are not building pressure in brake system and the transmission will not engage. There is a pressure regulator valve back be the engine inside the frame on left side, item #22in photo, you can rebuild this or replace it whichever is easiest for you. Also there are two accumulators on the right side inside frame at articulation joint that will probably need recharged with nitrogen.
Thanks Ill check this is there any way to jumper wire the brake pressure sensor so I can confirm the trans works?
I'm not sure I've never tried. Those trannys are pretty good ZF units and really don't give much problems, I'd get brakes fixed first just because. If you or someone you know has an accumulator charge kit I'd try that first.
I checked the regulator and seems ok. If I jumper the 2 wire connector feeding the brake regulator box the brake light blinks and says all systems normal. But I still have no forward or reverse. Do you have any other suggestions.?
Your accumulators could need recharging when they are low you can't build brake pressure. You'll have to find someone that can check pressures on brake system and possibly charge accumulators.
Also check for worn brake pads...when the cylinders go out to far we got the light too..
Good morning, I know the thread is old but I hope you respond to this. Can you share which accumulator recharge kit or system you used. I looked at mine yesterday and I noticed it had a sort of a quick connect coupler near the accumulators, not sure if the recharge goes through it or if there is a shredder valve on top of the accumulator. Going to power wash it and get a closer look also. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Gas is always charged into accumulators using the Schrader-type valve located on top of the accumulator itself. This generally requires specialized connectors, because although the valve might appear at first glance to be a "standard" type of tyre valve it usually isn't. Whether this is the case with your accumulator I'm sorry I don't know but I'm sure one of the Case specialists will.
Good morning; If your loader is a "B" series machine the pressure check ports are back by the engine compartment on left side inside the frame. There are two of them. The brake pressure is 2700-3000 psi and the accumulator nitrogen charge pressure is 800-825 psi the shradder valves are on top of the accumulators under the guards. You can find the accumulator parts list can be found at mycnhstore.com.
Thank you!
It is a B series, I'm sorry if I sound dumb but I know general maintenance so I'm not to familiar with machinery. I haven't been able to find anyone to work on this machine locally so that is why I'm resorting to getting it done myself. I'm not sure how the brake pressure of 2700-3000 psi works, is this something I can test once it is running? Or after I recharge the accumulators?
If you have Hydraulic Supply company in your city. They carry those shrauder valve fittings. Don’t let them BS you in to buying braded PTFE hose and the whole enchilada - you don’t need all of that. You can also get 1/4 or 1/8 NPT flow control valve from them, should be around $40. Just remember with those, they only work one way. So to be able to control flow, the arrow on the flow control valve should be pointing towards accumulator, not the nitrogen tank. Remember to tighten the adapter pretty good on shrader valve, it has copper crush washer, not rubber. To have a regulator on tank is the best, but the regular ones that HVAC or welding industry use - will only take you to 400 psi. I did add the springs and washer to mine before, but then I’ve just ordered the higher pressure ones from Amazon. These accumulator people think their stuff worth of gold - but you can do it with “run of the mill” parts.
Thank you for the info! Greatly appreciated it!
Sometimes what helps when accumulator charge valve is not performing correctly, or accumulator is weak - dead head one of the cylinders on the same circuit, to increase the pressure for the whole system. I know that’s how they do stuff on Wiggins Marina Bull, at one of the marinas here - too cheap to replace or rebuild!!! They’ll be doing this until something will die.
That looks like Mico accumulator charging valve.
If you have a way of checking accumulators do that first. Be sure and pump brakes down with engine off. It takes about a hundred pumps to completely pump bakes down. After you check and charge accumulators then you can check brake pressure with engine running.
Cool! Thank you! I will report back with results!
Can you tell me where the pressure check ports are located. I'm working on a 621b loader. I've read this thread and looks like I need to check those pressures. I have looked for the pressure check ports and cannot find them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Look just under the upper part of the frame on left side of engine.
Here’s the parts drawing
According to the picture, they are located on the steel lines coming from the bottom of the accumulator. And that picture shows them going forward. The steel lines from the accumulators on this machine come out the bottom and turn 180 degrees and go straight to bottom of the cab. There is pressure sensors under the cab on those steel lines but there isn't any test ports.
The lines are going towards the engine compartment. Remove the lower plate under the engine bay door on left side of machine (the same side you climb up into cab.
The steel lines coming from out the bottom of the accumulators on this machine do not go towards the engine bay. They come out of the bottom and go straight up to the bottom of the cab.
Post a pic of s/n plate please
Like your web name by the way. Sorry can't offer any suggestions for your issue. Simon C
Do you have a service manual
No. I don't. I got one for a 621D. But from what I've found so far, the B and the D are completely different machines.
Yeah they are. I think I’ve got on on a thumb drive somewhere. If I can find it I’ll share it with you.