Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allmand TLB24 problem

George RA ยท 2019-07-27 11:38

I have an Allmand TLB25D Contractor Backhoe. It has a 25 HP Kubota Diesel and an Easton hydrostatic transmission. The other day, I was moving gravel, going forward and when I came to the place I was going to dump it, I let off the rocker footpedal, but the machine kept moving forward. Came to rest against a deck...no one hurt...and it died. I had to use my truck to pull it away from the deck. Now when I try to start it, it acts like it wants to lurch forward. And sometimes is acts like it wants to lurch backward. The footpedal swithes that keep it from starting if its not exactly in the correct position are still working. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on with this thing? I think I am going to have to winch it up on a trailer to get it to where I can work on it.

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2019-07-27 16:44

    Check your linkages. If you disconnect them and its still under stroke the pintle bearings went out

  2. #2George RA2019-07-27 19:08

    Thank you for the response. Are these bearings something a shop would have to replace or can someone not experienced with this type of equipment but works on most things on his own vehicles change them?

  3. #3mikebramel2019-07-27 23:29

    You will have to pull the pump, maybe the whole trans. If the bearings are bad. Disconnect linkage, disable ignition so it does not start, crank and see if it's still under load