Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Allu screening bucket

Jam ยท 2010-03-15 17:49

Hows the form... Im after buying this screening bucket today just wondering has anyone had any experience or tips and tricks about them? Its a 2005 bucket on its first set of tips so doesnt seem to have much done. We plan on using it for screening topsoil coming off a job we are doing shortly. it weight 900kg empty and carries a half meter of soil so its going to be fairly heavy on our 312. Have to splash out another bit now and get the digger piped plus this system needs a case drain circuit...

Replies6
  1. #1DR RPM2010-03-15 20:23

    We have about a dozen of them. Buy a cordless grease gun and grease with the dealer specified grease every hour. Also use a spray lube on the chains through the small plugs on the side plates. They do throw rocks, so a cage is recomended. The unit in the picture is the fine bar, does not like stickier materials. They do work well. One tip is not the try to over scoop material into it, does not help. Just fill the bucket and hold bucket fully extended and shake when material stops falling out.

  2. #2Jam2010-03-16 15:22

    Thanks for the reply What kind of output could i expect in fairly dry topsoil? What do ye use the buckets for mainly?

  3. #3RocksnRoses2010-03-16 21:44

    A few years ago I enquired about a MISU screening bucket to screen dirt from limestone ranging from small up to about 2 ft lumps. The MISU is virtually identical to the Allu bucket and are manufactured in Australia. I thought one would work well for us on a wheel loader. The company were keen to sell me one and they actually had a wheel loader set up with a bucket attached, so they offered to come and demonstrate it, even though they had to go 4-500km out of their way. After the first two buckets, the operator told me he knew he was going to be in trouble, when he tried to screen the first bucket. The limestone being a bit softer, the rotors were actually crushing the stone and the hydraulics were struggling to drive it, so unfortunately for them, the bucket was a no goer for us. I don't know whether they make one with less aggressive rotors, that may have worked, but they didn't make any suggestions. http://www.albury.net.au/~nordcon/about_us.html RnR.

  4. #4DR RPM2010-03-17 19:55

    We mainly use the buckets for aerating contaminated soils. which in turn is usually stickier material, so we use the coarse bars. Never really based it on tonnage production. I know that dryer material goes through really quite fast. They have so many moving parts that for use in screening topsoil, a screener might be a better choice. Ours are usually getting new chains and bearings at 350 to 800 hours of use.

  5. #5graveldude2013-06-08 15:02

    I'm trying to make good quality topsoil by blending old sod; clay; peat; sand; and sludge from the local pulpmill. My problem is my peat has lots of willows and roots in it and the old topsoil needs shredding. I am looking for someone with a Allu bucket (or similar style) that I could rent for an experiment to see how well it would make my topsoil. Any ideas

  6. #6prfarms2016-03-21 16:32

    Hi Dr rpm I am looking for a way to screen rocks and cement chunks from composted feedlot manure. I know that I could use a trommel screen, but I wondered about these screening buckets. I see several different brands: Allu, Remu, etc. I don't want to crush the rocks. I would like 1.5 or 2 inch minus. the material could be moist. I wondered whether the screening bucket would be more convenient than a trommel. Could be screening 2000 to 4000 MT annually. Thanks