Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Altec D4000A wonders.

TVA · 2022-10-22 15:37

Not sure if it’s a proper place for digger derriks. I am mostly Hydraulics tech. Had a call couple of days ago about digger derrik not wanting to idle up, both crane and compressor side. Local international dealers tech already spent whole lot of time with it and saying that everything is fine on the truck side. The story of this truck is that everything seemed to work OK before owner decided to do a delete. After me chasing my tail with five different Altec controllers I think I have an idea what’s wrong with it, long story short: somehow along the process someone got in to body control module, and inversed the signals requirements for the idle up. Meaning on the pin of the RPM control module where Altec system can only send +12V signal - it wants to see Ground (-). Issue is not resolved yet, but looks like it’s what it is. International said they will sent someone Monday to try to invers everything back. I hope it helps someone some day.

Replies0

No replies yet.