Was wondering to get into crane operation if any of the schools are worth it. ? Retired military here with 10k loader , lift and forklift experience. Any advice appreciated
Just my opinion. I’d think your time would be better spent oiling for a good operator that doesn’t mind explaining things.
The union has good schools. Here is the one in AZ https://www.iuoe.org/training/local-428-heavy-equipment-operator-training-school
I’ve got a couple friends that have gone through the union here in Michigan, they have a really good school with all types of cranes. I learned everything on the job while rigging/oiling for a non-union outfit and when the operator left I got the seat. Just depends on the opportunities in your area. I would have had to drive several hours one way to work for the union companies and go to their school. Finding an operator that’s willing to teach you the basics is important in my situation.