Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Alternate airbag uses??

Pony ยท 2025-03-09 22:08

Cleaning out my shed while it's raining. Was given a new in box airbag complete with mounting brackets with a truck I bought years ago and has since been sold. Iveco Eurocargo, so not a very common or desirable truck. I have had it for sale on something similar to your Craigslist for a while with no interest. Sick of it sitting in my shed taking up space but also really hate throwing away perfectly good brand new stuff. Any alternate uses anyone else has come up with?

Replies5
  1. #1laidback012025-03-09 22:51

    huh, they can't keep those in stock in the mountain states. Some kid's always gotta get a bigger lift! They only thing I've ever thought of using these for (but haven't built) is a landing plate for a soil sifter. Place a bucket load of soil/rock mix on the grate, and it lowers with the weight of the load - I thought airbags would be a good choice for that since you could adjust their pressure easily. Think of a home-made grizzly with a moving grate...

  2. #2treemuncher2025-03-09 22:56

    Build a sliding cage for it to rest within so that it can't flop over and you should be able to build a heavy duty jack. I have one of these lightweight bellows jacks and it is very handy on lighter vehicles. Airbags can also be used to power mechanisms. You just need to be creative.

  3. #3cfherrman2025-03-10 14:03

    eBay Put in light trailers for a kneel effect

  4. #4crane operator2025-03-10 16:49

    I'm pretty sure these OTC jacks are just a airbag inside the can. It would be less likely to fall over than the style treemuncher posted. I was always going to build a cable choker straitener with one, but I haven't ever gotten around to it.

  5. #5skyking12025-03-10 17:36

    I made an air ride 5th wheel hitch for my travel trailer with bags.