Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BOSCH Mechanical fuel pump on Volvo

Soldier4Life · 2025-03-08 21:22

If anybody has specific information or knowledge dealing with the mechanical fuel pump on a Volvo VE D7 engine. I could use a few pointers. I have been trying to get fuel through this pump for a while and I’m running out of options. It is a brand new pump. The problem is the truck set for about a year and now it’s a no star issue and I feel like it’s inside of the pump because I’m not getting any fuel to the injectors or through the pump at all even when priming.

Replies5
  1. #1funwithfuel2025-03-08 22:05

    Is it mechanical (cable) shut down or electric solenoid actuating the shut down lever?

  2. #2funwithfuel2025-03-08 22:09

    Oh, nevermind, i see that goofy solenoid. For starters, are you able to push fuel up to the lift pump?

  3. #3funwithfuel2025-03-08 22:12

    I'm sure @thepumpguysc will be along shortly. I think he is an authorized rebuilder.

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-03-09 07:04

    A Renault incorporated design of several configurations.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2025-03-09 08:42

    There’s only 1 or 2 authorized shops in the country.. Some of the solenoids are energized to shut off and others energized to run.. If I remember correctly, the solenoids can be overcome by the hand primer.. Word to the wise.. don’t even think about pulling the pump off w/o timing it first.!! Can u HEAR fuel flowing when using the hand primer.??