Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Alternate way to locate serial number John Deere 570

MattR ยท 2025-04-11 11:30

I bought this machine at an auction. John Deere 570 grader. According to John Deere and everything else I have looked up, the serial number tag should be on the right side on the frame in front of the operator station. I cannot find it to save my life. I have searched that machine high and low. There is however a heavy plate welded on the frame on the right side going down towards the front wheels that was used for a wing support or something in the past. Maybe it's under there? I don't know. But it would be a big job to take it off just to find out it's not. I found a serial number tag on the transaxle under the engine. That doesn't appear to be it. Does anyone know of any other way to figure this out? Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-04-11 14:23

    Deere generally stamped the last six digits of the serial # just beside or under the serial tag. Screenshot of a 570A serial tag location below.

  2. #2MattR2025-04-11 15:27

    Thank you Dave. I did look in this area and didn't see anything. The big plate I was speaking about is welded in this general area. I will have to check it better. Thanks again