Hello, I recently purchased a huber warco 10dg serial number 10dg-1110251. With the 4-71 detroit. I picked it up for 500 bucks. It's in real nice shape, unmolested anyways. It looks as if a county owned it for most of its life. I was able to get it fired off really easily. I understand there is little to no information online about them. The clutch worked when I first started it but after releasing the clutch and moving forward it no longer worked. I am looking for anybody that knows what type or how the clutch works. I have seen on thing that states it had a torque converter power shift possibly or the clutch is hydraulic. I will be driving back down tomorrow to take another look at it, but thought I'd reach out to see if there is anybody here familiar with them. Thank you, Tim
I can't help but it looks like ya done good if you can figure out the problem. I see somebody even put the front tires on the right way. Good thing about low pressure hydraulics is those old hoses last a lot longer than they look like they should. Good luck with it!
Does it want to keep driving when you push the clutch? Did you have to give it throttle to start moving or did it start driving right away after releasing the clutch? Torque converter generally needs throttle to start moving. Direct drive will move at idle or stall if not enough throttle. I wonder if it uses a master cylinder and slave cylinder to operate the clutch like my Champion grader does. It is a Rockford clutch if I recall. I had to get a new master cylinder and rebuild the booster. Thought I had it fixed and then blew the seal in the slave cylinder. Oddly mine would go into gear without the clutch but kind of scary the first time I pushed the clutch and it kept going forward. I keep my hand on the gear shift ready to shift to neutral when I want to stop. I guess the first thing to do is see what the clutch pedal connects to and follow the linkage to the clutch arm.
Well I got it home. It has a traditional style clutch with a throw out bearing, but I couldn't do anything to make it work. The trailer had a winch so I drove it up to the trailer then we winched it the rest of the way. It weights 28,000 pounds. Everything seems to be original. I belive a county owned it, and it probably sat for a long time until the guy I bought it from purchased it 3 years ago. He used it one year than it sat for 2. We lost one tire, and the others don't look long for the world.(14x24 in northern California if anybody has tires within 10 hours one way)I will leave another reply once I fix the clutch. Also picked up a 1986 cat 416 from the guy. Truck trailer and load we were 80,600. We unpinned the bucket into my pickup took all the batteries, and unloaded all his snow chains to roll the scales at 79,880.
Lost a tire is an understatement. Looks like it could have been a very poor attempt at a retread.