I remember seeing some threads on the net about composite bushings, but not luck finding them right now. I have a little Ditch Witch XT850 tool carrier which basically every pins uses these types of bushings. For my front bucket, the new bushing didn't last for more then 50 hours before breaking up. Not acceptable for a $30 bushing from the DW dealer. Thinking about going to a oil embedded bronze bushing. Or drilling and taping a grease nipple and fit a standard excavator bucket bushings? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Depending on the dimensions I highly recommend Vogelsang spring bushings, made from hard spring steel and will accommodate some wear and tear in the mounting bores.
I'll second that. Replaced composite bushes with spring bushes at 1000hrs. It's now done 5500 hrs and still good plus they have never seen grease in their life.
Split Tension Bushings, this is great. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Right, I had forgotten the proper terminology! :Banghead