Finally found one to keep around the farm. Finally found one. I was scared they had put lipstick on a pig. But so far so good. Could use rails and pads I know. Came with a new set of sprockets. But it was worth the money.
I'll bet when you get around to pulling the magnetic screen for the tranny you will be in a moderate state of panic.....
Harsh but based on recent postings by people who bought used D6Rs probably not too far wide of the mark.
I used to to work for cat untill i went out on my own. It Wouldnt be the first trans ive been through. I haven’t pulled the screen. But I’m not to concerned with it so far. I’ve put 102hrs on it as of today. But ya never know with used eq
He may not be far off. Never know
Being the USA, you probably only paid a tenner for it....
A few tenners!
Nice chunk of iron to "keep around the farm" Good Job.
At first blush it looks to have had a DuPont/20-gallon overhaul before it came into your possession.
Kinda why I said. At first I thought they maybe put lipstick on a Pig
No way to know until you've ran it for several hundred or a thousand hours. It's painted but doesn't look all beat up. Not sure if the welding on the front of the push arms is normal or was repaired?
That looks very much like a repair to me. I wonder what the other side looks like.
What would damage the push arms, big rock's or something similar?
Nice looking unit.....hope you have good luck with it!
Abrasion of a variety of sorts...quite common to see welding repairs done on machines with higher hrs on them, near the front of the push arms.
Not unusual to wear holes in the front end of a push arm, especially on the RH side of the machine. that's why I asked what the LH side looked like in comparison. How many hours does it have on it, allegedly, or real.?
It’s been repaired on that right push arm. No doubt. She’s not perfect but I’m not ether and I’m older that it. I can fix whatever it might need. But no more than I need to run it it should last me a while from what I’ve seen so far from it. The other side push arm hasn’t been welded on. It doesn’t make my living. Working on other people’s equipment does! lol. Allegedly or real hours are 9421 according to my e.t. And dash. I gave 45k for it. Pretty good price for around here……
Not a dented piece of sheet metal or steel on it. Push arm hasn’t been repaired on right side.
Not surprising but nice to have it confirmed. Another tidbit. The RH corner bit on the blade will wear faster than the left.
When we were looking for a dozer it seemed like all the dozers that didn't have sweeps or screens where in much better physical shape than those that had sweeps. We ended up with one that didn't have them and the sheet metal is near perfect. The paints faded some but not scratched up too bad. We added the forestry package for use on the ranch. Nice looking rig have fun with it.
I've seen this on most dozers and always assumed it was due to operator habits. It seems the right side undercarriage wears faster also. Is this due to dozer design or operator?
Take a look inside the cab of a Cat hi-drive tractor and look at the position of the seat.
If you check the majority of operators, the right handed ones generally wear on the right side of the machine more than on the left side. Operators tend to steer in one direction more than the other. Occasionally you find a left handed operator who will wear the left side out a little faster. The other issue concerns which side of the blade the tilt cylinder is on. Most operators will use the tilt cylinder side as a ripper to pry out things like stumps and hard rock.
You mean left side hasn't been repaired. 9400 hours isn't super high if it was taken care of. Hope it works out good for you.
Correct. My bad. Right side has obviously been repaired
Hey, guys , something about dozers... a machine that age probably went through a lot. What raises my eye brow is that dozer blade seems to be from a long track machine.... LGP´s wich are usually used in sand... that would explain the wear. But who ever bought the tractor new, might have ordered it like that. Track gousers seem to be a litle worn, probably tracks system too, that will be expensive. 9K hours .... also seem a litle low, but that matters litle, if it has a 3306 engine that last 30k so not a problem there, TXM is easy to reseal , as long as the charge pump is fine it will last a long time. Beeing a diff steer has a litle more to it, but also easy to fix, bet yours has TXM controls with rods , its also bulet prof. U have a nice tractor, will last a long time. Good luck
Nice looking...hope you have good luck with it.
Thank you all. Hope it continues the good luck so far.
I think you did pretty well for $45K. Hope it serves you well. Really like the D6R dozers. Bought a new D6R XW back in 2006 - fantastic machine.