The American Loggers DVD is scheduled for release tomorrow 27/10/09. Can anyone assist me with any info regarding where I can purchase this outside the Discovery Channel e-store?? They don't ship product to Australia and I have not had much luck hunting about on Amazon/ Ebay etc. The History Channel docos like Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers are well done (have purchased these online thru Ebay etc no worries at all) so am keen so see how A.L. stacks up. Any info/links etc anyone could provide would be much appreciated:thumbsup
American loggers make the axe look like a bunch of idiots... Very professional outfit with some really great trucks and machines. I'm no help on the video...
We have a few sets right at the shop for sale. I'll ask Eldon or Rudy how much and let you know, and get a shipping quote for you from the FedEx guy.
Hi perly03. is there still a crew in filming the woods crews this winter? is another season still in the works?
Sorry I have not written back to you, things are hectic up here right now. Working 18-20 hrs a day lately trying to keep the road in good shape. We got some warm weather and had to shut down the roads for 3 days and I was non-stop on the grader. Yes they are still up here filming, they will finish when we shut down the Golden Rd in spring. Season 2 starts Friday Feb 19 on Discovery, not sure on the time but it will be in the listings. As far as I know they are planning on a season 3. We'll see how well the ratings are.
thats ok I figured you were busy. ya the warm temps were hard on us too. we are building winter roads for the company with the yellow and black pickups this winter. that week we were trying to get across 1000' of swamp hualing the fill with trucks. it tooks four days and was brutal, it just wouldn't freeze enough at night to hold us up the next day, but we got it done. I dont normally work in the woods and its a whole different game then what i am use to but it keeps me busy. its a good change and what a learning experience!!
Yellow and black....is that for Irving? Where are you guys working right now? I'm scattered all over the place, from up by John's Bridge all the way down to Big Eddy on the West Branch Penobscot River. Oh yes chum she's a totally different ball game up here in the woods. Some days she's good, other days she's not so good. "La vie de bois" we say, "Life in the Woods".
yes that would be Irving. we are hired by a local guy who works for them and he treats us well. we are working in on the Grand Lake and Camp Violette Road areas off of route 11 right now. I could of swore I met one of the your trucks bobtailing south on route 11 a week or two ago? I took the day off today to let the bunchers open up some right of ways and let mother nature freeze the ones we worked on last week, we really need a little snow so we can smooth them up one more time.
Probably was one of ours.....probably one of the newer Western Stars with the Acert twin turbos broke down again and was headed back to the shop. Always having problems with those motors, sent two down to Freightliner Of Maine last week. However the new Macks we just got are hauling ass and havent had one issue with them yet. Tons of power, excellent on fuel and the traction is unreal compared to the Western Stars. Anyways we have a crew down to Brownville and another up in KI cutting right now, so you'll see more of our trucks down towards that way hauling wood. Agree with you on the snow, we could really use about 6" of wet heavy snow and just let the trucks pack it down on the road to make a nice base. Took the grader out the other day to smooth out the Telos road and there was like a 1/4" of packed snow on top of the dirt. COuldn't do a thing. On a few branch roads I had to pull snow back into the road from the banks and pack that down to smooth out the rough winter roads so we could start hauling. Some of those roads are like a highway now, the cold is really doing its thing.
Hi Perley, Love the show, I think it's the best one on TV. I have been impressed by how your family treats each other and especially your employees. I think when you treat people with respect and fairness, you get a lot more in return. What model are the new Macks? Spec's? Also - how did the tri-dem work out? Keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to the new season. Thanks again.
Well thanks KW! I'll have to pass that on to Rudy and Eldon.....the tri-dem is the only truck with the 625Cat motor that is holding together. However turning that beast is another story.....lets just say she likes to go straight lol. We have another truck, "Bigfoot" that is strictly off-road heavy hauler that has the 625Cat and she's broke 2 input shafts for the transmission, and has the typical ACERT problems with the other twin turbo trucks. The macks are a new Titan model, boasting 605hp that will blow the 625Cats out of the water. Unbelieveable torque coming out of those MP10 engines, and excellent on the fuel. I have a feeling these are going to be the new trucks added to our fleet in the upcoming years if no big problems arise. They are still in the testing phase with the offroad 40-cord trailers but soon we will put them to the test hauling double offroad trailers....yes thats right 80+ cord behind this beast, over 400k lbs. Can't wait to see those in action!
I was hoping that you would say Titan. Thanks again, KW
Man, that's great to hear those new Mack's are performing! I hope they stay reliable. The 2000 to 2004 Asset motors were such a nightmare, that's what switched me over to Internationals with Cat power. I was lucky, my Accert Cat performed well. I've been waiting to hear positive feedback on the new MP Mack motors. All this dpf/scr emmissions crap has me scared.
Macks looked good last friday nite :usa
hey perley 03. maybe you could help me. i bought a t shirt from the web store and its been over a month and no shirt. the money has been out of my account. i tried to email the web store person but no answer, who else can i contact by email or phone. your help will be apprecited. thanks and tell all the guys that is my favorite looging show.
Hey perley03 I watch the show every chance I get(even the re runs) and it's my favorite show. Bonecrusher is crazy as hell. How do you guys keep the roads in order, and how's the diner doing by the way?
Just saw the new episode and I must say you did a good job of clearing the roads perley. Getting up at the break of dawn and banging out that grader was awesome man was that a 14 or 16?
Question about Bigfoot I cant remember the episode, but one view was of the cab while they were interviewing Dube. On the shifter, I saw what looked like second shifter knob lower on the stick. What is it that I saw?
Watching the season finally right now.....Bonecrusher is going to get canned......can't park a truck two in the afternoon when wood needs to be hauled is a no-no
I just saw that they're filming the new season now to air Winter 2011. I was starting to worry that Discovery axed the show, Very pleased they didn't.
Logging DVDs of Vancouver Island If anyone is interested in more logging DVD's there is a really good one filmed in and around Port Alberni on Vancouver Island that is available at www.diamondfarm.com or .ca "Loggers from chainsaw to sawmill in British Columbia" I think it was filmed for a UK television network. It follows the operations of Hayes logging on the west coast. Big equipment, big timber
Looks like the show returns on Oct 5 according to the Discovery Channel"s website.
I'm glad to learn that they are going to continue this show, the Pelletiers are a good bunch and its nice to see them still moving wood. I havent been back to Millinocket for years, where is their restraunt, anywhere near Tommy St. Johns place? Rick