I have an ampac trench roller with a lister petter diesel that starts right up idles fine and even revs on up just fine. It puffs alittle black smoke at start up but it all but clears up after a few seconds. The problem is that when I turn on the vibration it just bogs down. I put new fuel and air filters on it and not much of a difference no fuel leaks the only thing is that I think the Woodward solenoid is bad because it will not turn off by the key switch. If anybody has any thoughts or suggestions it will greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Forums George! I'm not familiar with the Ampac trench rollers but I do have a Wacker and a Bomag. How old is the hydraulic oil and when was the hydraulic filter last changed? Could be a plugged hyd. filter but I'm guessing.
/24 It's similar to a rammax p33/24 thanks for the idea on the hydraulics I will look into that as well
Try the hydraulic filter first. There's not much hydraulic fluid in these so you may want to change that too. Be sure and check what weight of fluid is spec'd for the machine. Some hydraulic systems are very finicky with fluid weight. The Whacker I have will bog down from time to time when turning or changing directions but it's quick and temporary. I think it has to do the infrared remote control system.
Does it puff black smoke as it bogs down? Black smoke, good fuel so it has to be load related. No smoke, not getting enough fuel. That's not a common rail Lister Petter, is it?