Hey everyone. I've been eyeing the site for years but only recently joined. Thought I'd share some of my past experiences and the new ones to come. I formerly worked for a tilt-up concrete company in the Kansas City, KS (THE LESS TRASHY SIDE OF KC!) for several years before my wife and I moved elsewhere in the state. I now have my own concrete construction company and am slowly working my way into doing basement excavations and smaller site dirtwork. Any ways here's some pics from the last 3-4 yrs. Tore out and replaced this entire street, approx 35000sf MY 2006 Case 430 the day I bought it. FYI we did the concrete work for everyhouse in this pic. My new to me 430 next to the '03 1845C Footings on a job we did Same job. Dirt guys had the pad 4" high. By their math off the BM it was right. We started digging footings. Their boss came out and discovered their error at that point. They ended up cutting 4" off of it after we were almost done with the footings. The 247B, it was light, fast, and had wide tracks. I could grade sand faster with this than any machine I've been in before or since.......when the thing wasn't broke that is. The largest excavator I currently own...lol Had 600' of curb poured out when this storm rolled in one day. Luckily it only sprinkled on us but that "barrel cloud" was literally rolling. The boom truck on the left wouldn't go down. They brought in the on the right to lower the boom. The guy on the telehandler was unhooking the lift cylinder Tire shop **** up. The wheel came off going down the highway. Had to get the mobile repair guy out to replace all my lugs so I could get going again. Luckily the hub fell down and road on the wheel till i got stopped. 6 lugs a half shaft, and new wheel (the tire even survived) was all the damage it caused. But now everytime I hear a slight grind I swear my wheels are about to come off. Just a neat pic....lightning hit this tree by my parents place. I couldn't believe it split it that far down. It had a good 24' tall trunk on it. Turned the key on the telehandler one winter morning and this battery went BOOM. The last tilt up warehouse I did. Was about 350000 sf This is a '70 something Chysler sno-runner. Not maybe ppl have ever seen one. Doing by backfill by the river. The hoe wan't anywhere close to the river like the picture my suggest. 315C cat BTW Did a summer internship in Houston when I was in college. That's an 800ton Demag Hydro taking down the tower crane. Methodist Hospital Research Institute building for anyone familiar with the area. Standing tilt up panels in KCK. I think the crane was a 250 ton manitowoc if I remember correctly. The panels were from 50k lbs to 160k lbs. Usually between 35 and 40 ft tall. Same job. The dirt guys lineup. TOYS!!!!! This is about 1/2 the dirt guys stuff on this job. Was a 1.6 million SF warehouse Painters......... I'll quit now...more for another day.
I guess picture posting here isn't what i'm used to ....try that again. Tore out and replaced this entire street, approx 35000sf MY 2006 Case 430 the day I bought it. FYI we did the concrete work for everyhouse in this pic. My new to me 430 next to the '03 1845C Footings on a job we did Same job. Dirt guys had the pad 4" high. By their math off the BM it was right. We started digging footings. Their boss came out and discovered their error at that point. They ended up cutting 4" off of it after we were almost done with the footings.
Sorry wrong pic on the Case....here it is.
The 247B, it was light, fast, and had wide tracks. I could grade sand faster with this than any machine I've been in before or since.......when the thing wasn't broke that is. The largest excavator I currently own...lol Had 600' of curb poured out when this storm rolled in one day. Luckily it only sprinkled on us but that "barrel cloud" was literally rolling. The boom truck on the left wouldn't go down. They brought in the on the right to lower the boom. The guy on the telehandler was unhooking the lift cylinder Tire shop **** up. The wheel came off going down the highway. Had to get the mobile repair guy out to replace all my lugs so I could get going again. Luckily the hub fell down and road on the wheel till i got stopped. 6 lugs a half shaft, and new wheel (the tire even survived) was all the damage it caused. But now everytime I hear a slight grind I swear my wheels are about to come off.
Just a neat pic....lightning hit this tree by my parents place. I couldn't believe it split it that far down. It had a good 24' tall trunk on it. Turned the key on the telehandler one winter morning and this battery went BOOM. The last tilt up warehouse I did. Was about 350000 sf This is a '70 something Chysler sno-runner. Not maybe ppl have ever seen one. Doing by backfill by the river. The hoe wan't anywhere close to the river like the picture my suggest. 315C cat BTW
Did a summer internship in Houston when I was in college. That's an 800ton Demag Hydro taking down the tower crane. Methodist Hospital Research Institute building for anyone familiar with the area. TOYS!!!
Standing tilt up panels in KCK. I think the crane was a 250 ton manitowoc if I remember correctly. The panels were from 50k lbs to 160k lbs. Usually between 35 and 40 ft tall. Same job. The dirt guys lineup.
This is about 1/2 the dirt guys stuff on this job. Was a 1.6 million SF warehouse Painters.........haha ....There got them all fixed.
Concfete work looks good. What are the specs on the trailer, make, model, gvw, deck length? Is it a tilt? Looks nice and long
It's a Kaufman. This is it: http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/equi...uipment-trailer/15000-22-wood-tilt-equipment/
Glad to see some locals (to me) on the site. I'm F1HDR over on HQ.
Tbis us a library addition in a small town. Found 2 old foundations, and an old cistern.
There was also an old handicap ramp that we demo'd. Used a 308E2 sb on this job and loved it. Will probably own one soon.