Anyone running Amulet buckets or thumbs? I'm thinking of buying a new tilt bucket. The SEC that I have been using has held up better than everyone expected, but back in 2014 it was only $3500, now they want $10k. I've had to do some welding, and have new cylinders built because the originals were garbage. Also had to replace the center pivot, that is now worn-out again as well as the cylinder mounting holes on the bucket. I have looked at Amulet, Rockland, AMI, and Wimmer. I have a quote on the Amulet, it's about $10k cheaper than the Wimmer. The Amulet is a little less capacity, but weighs the same. The Rockland and AMI prices are CRAZY, over $30k. What do you guys think? Putting it on a PC290.
My brother put on an amulet weld on mechanical thumb on a Case 9020B a few years ago. Looked very well made and operated flawlessly until he sold the machine last year. No experience with the buckets, however.
I have only installed one of their thumbs on a 590SuperM. It was a weld on hydraulic type and seemed to be good stuff. I did have to make some extra guarding for the hoses/fittings and the rod though to try and keep tree limbs and stuff from ripping off hoses