Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old allied brand hydraulic breakers.

Mobilewrench ยท 2022-07-14 01:04

I take care of quite a few allied 740 and 745's. The local cat dealer used to sell them with their backhoes here about twenty years ago. So there seem to be a lot on the ground. I am sort of a fan of these breakers. They are tough little units, dirt cheap to maintain and I have them running on backhoes, mid sized komatsus and I think even on a cat 320. Here's the problem. Allied has obsoleted the breaker. It wasn't a problem before because I have been buying my parts from ramco construction tools in Washington for the last fifteen years. Apparently they shut up shop at the beginning of this month. Anyone have another reliable parts source for these units?

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2022-07-17 12:44

    I wasn't aware of that Ramco shut down. I'll drive down to their office and check it out next week.