All hung up, high centered and dug in(about 3") into the asphalt. This was yesterday at around noonish in our little burg. Six hours later, a Crane from Union MO and the load was finally moved along. Wind Turbine pedestal tube, uncertain where headed.
Kinda limits which way the firetrucks can go....
You'd have thought that the trailer would have had some fancy air suspension capable of jacking it up a couple of feet for circumstances like that.
whoa, now that’s a roadblock!!
Considerable alternate paths, only had two blocks isolated and the Old Fire Hall is just an office building these days. Junkyard and I spoke on this, should have been a Double Schnabel setup, wasn't, just a half on the tractor. In the sidelong photo is a approx., 12" I-beam at front of the trailering suspension supporting cable gear, that was too low and dug into the pavement. SOOO Close, but no trophy. Had he stayed away from the Curb may have made it.
Where's " crane operator " when you need him? Or was he sitting at the site waiting for that to show up?
Oh, all that extra CO2 going into the atmosphere from vehicles that have to drive around this stuff up. How dare they.
I stuck a Cozad 3+3+2 just like that once going uphill to the state scale pad in Colorado Springs, I could only back up a few feet before the booster jackknifed... I was so close to going up it wasn't funny. Guy behind me was driving an old K-12 IH diesel (no kidding, Cummins diesel) with a Bucyrus-Erie drill rig, he had a monster bumper/counter weight on the front and gave me the tiny push I needed to get over the hump. Weighmaster was not amused.
Sorry, I've had my own fish to fry today, I can't be everywhere.
I guess nobody carries plank for under the tires anymore. Our crane trailers never had much clearance but our drivers had learned to go slow in humpy areas and plank when to close. Not sure how they got educated.
I've seen those tower sections stopped on i90 in SD.....trailer airbags dumped, tires half flat. Guy on a ladder checking clearance while the rig inches ahead to get under a bridge. Ed