Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

another 1999 773 ahc wont work thread

61TONY ยท 2013-06-07 21:37

hi too all and thanks for any help in advance. I have a 1999 773 f bobcat that has the dreaded non functioning (not so) advanced hand controls. the problem has been getting worse over the last two years. it would mostly happen on wet days or after plowing lots of snow. the machine sits in a heated garage in the winter and would work to plow the snow for several hours, after finishing the machine would be parked outside and if we tried the machine we would have the tilt light kick off on the bics and what ever handle we moved we would get a code five on the left handle. didn't matter which one we moved first the light for that side would light up. we have had a very rainy season and now the bucket will not kick in whether the machine is in at night or not. now for what we have done to check over. 1 we removed the entire ahc harness, computer, actuators and laid them out on a bench and checked over every square inch, we checked and cleaned all the connectors on both the male and female ends with contact cleaner, used die electric grease when we finally reassembled the harness. the computer didn't show any damage to the wiring, case etc. i tested the actuator motors momentarly and they worked fine on the black and red leads to a battery. the position sensors sweep good and the same on both units with readings matching each other for the position settings. 2 we have gone over all the fuse connections 3 removed all the grounds and powers from the starter area and resoldered all the terminal rings to the wires and sanded the rings before reinstalling on the starter. at

Replies11
  1. #161TONY2013-06-07 21:42

    seems to be a lot of issues with the 1999 ahc system and i'm about ready to convert to foot controls to finally make the machine reliable, i have also tested the bics soliniod and reads around 11 ohms. does the bics supply the power to the ahc or does the ahc kick the bics tilt light out when it senses a problem.

  2. #261TONY2013-06-08 17:37

    after stoping into the dealer today we found the computer number updated to an entire replacement kit that replaced the wiring, computer, both handle controls, mounting stems, etc. for 1000 dollars ....not too bad it sounds like most parts are g model stuff. my dealer didn't know if programing had too be done after installation. the kit number is 6727297 i'm going to try to get the instructions emailed on monday p.n. 6901099 hope this helps others with simular problems.

  3. #3landshaper2013-06-11 15:30

    Please keep us updated.... I recently called my dealer about a similar problem, but they just told me that the computer is $1400 and they're not sure which computer to order. If there really is a kit I can purchase with computer, wiring, and hand controls for $1000 I will be extremely relieved. Not sure why my dealer wouldn't have told me about this though... maybe my machine isn't covered?

  4. #4landshaper2013-06-11 15:44

    PS email sent...

  5. #561TONY2013-06-12 09:00

    good morning landshaper , my computer number was 6674211 and the guys i work with are pretty sharp. the kit does update to the push to float handles, new computer , harness etc. i have the picture of the kit and list of parts, it doesn't include the actuators. for right now i converted over to foot controls while i have the system out and working on it. took one hour and 100 bucks to convert and work every single time!!!!!! that's so much more than i can say about the ahc!!!! tristate bobcat has used pedals and linkages for sale for 100 bucks a slight modification to the power feed to the bic's soliniod and we were working away. i'll keep you posted as i go on. best regards Tony

  6. #6crewchief8882013-06-18 17:43

    looking at about 2 hrs to install the "updated" kit. still uses a metal case controller, so no software upgrades. i did one 3 months ago, and no complaints since.

  7. #761TONY2013-06-20 10:58

    THANKS for the info, can the original thompson actuators be used or do they need to be updated also. thanks Tony

  8. #8crewchief8882013-06-20 18:23

    the original actuators are reused. the last one i worked on had already had both actuators & adapters replace trying to solve the same problem :drinkup

  9. #9rpacella2015-07-21 13:36

    Where did you find the kit for 1000 My dealer said its 2500

  10. #10landshaper2015-07-27 02:03

    I believe I got mine from Lano Equipment of Norwood http://www.lanoequipofnorwood.com/ also recently got a new actuator from them as well. For whatever reason, my problem still shows up now and then, although now if I shut the machine down and restart it will be gone, instead of it being inoperable for hours or days on end. Good luck, but I would go foot controls if I did it again...

  11. #119632015-08-23 10:48

    Anybody who can help me with my situation, I'd love to hear from you. I've got a Bobcat 963G with arm lift failure, and yes, the replacement AHC system was quoted at 2500 locally, but I'm trying to not go that route as I have put $860 into their replacing the hydraulic valve actuator, then $2200 in the L handle control, and frankly, I think I have a problem upstream in the control system, and my current tact is to find a silver box AHC controller, part number 6674804, that takes data from the handles, processes it, and sends it to the actuators, which are located right next to it. Please, anybody, I love my machine for which I have a lot of attachments, some custom made, but can't keep putting big money in it. And to rpacella: You're very nearby and would love to talk to you about your satisfaction with your repair, and commiserate with you about the costs at the local dealer. I have found one near Lewisburg I'm happier with. Talk to me. I'd help buy a parts machine, perhaps!