www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbEL5NrwUeA has anyone got one of these dozer attachments at all ? looking for opinions on either a dozer blade or a grader attachment cheers
I have a Bobcat dozer blade with my T770. I use it often for sloping or making swales. I wish I had a laser on it though. Would be a nice addition even for single slopes.
I think the dozer blades can have a place, but the short track length on a CTL makes them more difficult to use than a traditional dozer, especially when your making cuts in tougher ground conditions. When used a finish dozer they can work ok, but a regular bucket can do the same with more versatility. I think the attachments that have more length to them are more efficient when they are laser controlled such as box blades and the grader attachments, than do these types of dozer blades.
I have the 96" dozer blade. It definitely works way better with loose material. I probably use it most often for crowning long gravel driveways. I have a set of rippers to help break up the land if it is too hard to work with the blade. I had the opportunity to use the Bobcat roller system versus the standard solid mount back to back. Wow, what a difference. It is way easier to grade with the solid mount versus the roller system. The roller system definitely took up some of the roughness, but I am so glad I went with the solid mount.