Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hammer for mini excavator

Acerental ยท 2014-07-02 22:13

Looking for some help. I rent several brands of excavators. Looking for the best option to hook up a hammer to them. I run kubota with a quick attach. Yanmar with the hydro quick attach. Kobelco with a work brue quick attach. Problem being is all three are different. Anyone have a simple cost effective way to hook up a hammer to all of them. Also needs to be able to be done in a timely matter. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1joispoi2014-07-04 06:40

    Choose the quick attach system that works best for you and then stick with that as you renew your equipment- don't use anything else. The cost of running 3 different systems is more expensive than having 1 universal system that works on all your machines. Otherwise, you need to buy 2 more quick hitches and 2 more adaptor plates and make up some adaptors if you're going to have something that works quickly.....I doubt that it's cost effective, though.

  2. #2hmearth2014-07-04 07:16

    Work out your max and min pin spacings on all excavators and make an adapter head for the hammer and use a smaller pin you probly need to weld pins in most quick hitches will pick a lot of different pin spacings

  3. #3Derbytrucker872014-07-08 21:47

    We'll I know Kubota machines between the different size if a machine the buckets are not interchangeable. Example a 121-3 bucket will not fit a 161-3. Something to sell more attachments I guess. Just go with the machine model you like the best and don't switch around just my 2 cents

  4. #4hmearth2014-07-09 05:57

    I have a kobelco sk55 with quick hitch a new holland e50b similar in size and a cat 304 all the cat buckets will fit the sk55 and e50b big difference in pin size and spacings it all comes down to the quick hitch!

  5. #5Derbytrucker872014-07-09 06:08

    Must be a Kubota thing then. Good luck with what you decide.

  6. #6Acerental2014-08-19 22:20

    Thanks for the info