Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another EX100 Hydraulic problem

Zkeene21 · 2018-08-16 19:11

Customer has an EX100 that operates great but after 30 minutes to an hour the Hydraulic system chokes the engine down to a point of shutting off. He originally thought it was a fueling issue and replaced the lift pump, removed and cleaned the fuel tank, replaced all filters, and clean both pre screens in banjo fittings. I checked over his work and everything in fuel system looks good. After watching the excavator operate it is apparent to me that after the hydraulic reaches 170-180 degrees this occurs. If any of the systems are used it will choke down. The unit will start back up and Idle fine but will continue to do the same thing unless you let it set to cool for awhile then repeat. Without this forum I was lost so thanks to all! I have checked over the harness and do not see any issues. There are no blink codes when the problem occurs. I swapped the 2 control solenoids on top of the pump after problem occurred and it did not change anything. Both read 17.4/17.3 ohms while cool and 19.7/20.3 when warmed up and problem occurs. I read on here about the discharge pressure sensor, angle sensor, and speed sensor. I was somewhat confused because some post show a output pressure sensor and a differential pressure sensor that is suppose to be somewhere near the middle of the pump. On this unit there is only one pressure sensor just below the discharge house. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How can I test the sensor listed for proper function?

Replies2
  1. #1Zkeene212018-08-16 22:37

    So with more research I think my best option is to do the manual conversion and get rid of the PVC unit. Has anyone done this? Are there any other requirements to make the engine speed work correctly or does everything you need come in the conversion kits.

  2. #2KenAl2018-08-23 21:32

    It’s the angle sensor. When hot they can short and blow the 1 amp fuse. They can also “open”. you get what is happening to you. I used to prove the point with a heat gun and heat just the angle sensor and the same thing would happen.