Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another Green Horn…. but i’m not bad on a loader (Canada)

RJPCanada ยท 2014-07-07 14:34

Hello everyone. I Hope Canadian members are welcome here ? Got a family to feed so trying everything to get a job ! Sorry heavyequipmentforums in advance OK new member introductions: Emigrated to Canada from England 3 years ago and just got my PR. takes a lot for a guy to move his family to another country when he's 44 would you do it? I spent 27 years as a stationary plant operator in the UK for a leading Pharma company and hoped to resume my career in Canada. UK qualifications not accepted here but found a generic company but the pay was bad and I was bored anyway. Decided to get into HE so spent the 25k and got re trained as a HEO in Alberta. Exe, FEL,Skidstr, dozer and rubber tired BH & safety tickets. I do have some experience in the UK on FEL but this is not enough to land a job so far. Looking for work in Alberta - anywhere and looking any tips on how to land a job so any advice is welcome.

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952014-07-07 18:50

    No, we usually ban them pretty quickly.. Just kidding, Welcome to the Forums!:drinkup

  2. #2RJPCanada2014-07-14 15:00

    Thanks Got a job now

  3. #3kshansen2014-07-14 19:21

    Only if they send a jug of maple syrup to all posters with over 1,000 posts! I think this makes my 1012th one!

  4. #4CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-07-14 19:52

    The American definition of syrup shocked this poor canadian former truck driver!