Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another JD 750 hydro Question

JD750B ยท 2008-10-06 14:08

I did not want to hijack the other thread but reading the responses suggested I might get an answer to my problem. I have a JD 750 that has recently started tracking abnormally upon the initiation of travel. The left track starts travel must faster than the right track in either forward or reverse. It does seem to get better as the transmission warms up and is not as noticeable. It is getting worse though. Any ideas? I have a spare set of pumps and trannys on the shelf, but I have been holding until needed. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Serv2008-10-07 00:43

    My 750C did that when the track speed sensor was acting up. If you have a 750B, I doubt that's your problem since they aren't electronic like the C's. I forget his name, but there is a man at the Pflugerville RDO that will help you troubleshoot your machine. That's what he's paid to do. In fact, he's even offered to come down to Laredo and give my machine a thorough look over. So he must travel around. You might give that dealer a call and see if you can talk to the guy. Any time I get a code on mine, I call him up and he deciphers it for me. HTH

  2. #2ncbschzzt2008-10-07 11:43

    Most likely the problem is in the hydrostatic pump displacement control valve, basically what is happens is that one pump doesn't go into stroke the same time as the other. This is sometimes casued be wear or other issues, but usually wear. A null adjustment can sometimes fix and sometimes can not. My best advice for you is to perform this test first and go from there.