Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lets see if Deas can figgure this one out…

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-10-06 20:32

Question is simple, who made it, and whats the model desigination? Anyone is welcome to guess. Have fun.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies22
  1. #1kennymopar2008-10-06 20:41

    hanomag ? .. just the guy driving it is dressed like a German lol ..but the photo is taken somewhere in the USA going by the rather large pickup truck in the background

  2. #2bigcatpip2008-10-06 21:04

    Allis-Chalmers HD-7 or 10 maybe?

  3. #3DPete2008-10-06 21:26

    My guess is a Cletrac something or other.

  4. #4bigcatpip2008-10-06 21:30

    at first I thought that it might be a Cletrac but if you look at the muffer it is on the wrong side for it to be a Cletrac

  5. #5bigdig2008-10-06 22:18

    Looks like a Drott, not sure what model.

  6. #6bruce oz2008-10-06 22:25

    crawler hello ,German:drinkup ,air cooled ,not hanomag,there was/is one for sale here in australia (not mine),bruce oz

  7. #7stumpjumper832008-10-06 22:35

    The operator is mennonite ( cousin to the Amish) by his dress. And its not a hanomag, drott, cletrac, or Allis... Keep guessin...

  8. #8dieseldave2008-10-06 23:20

    I know, but only because I asked the guy in the picture and that's cheatin' so I'll leave it for someone else. As Bruce Oz already noted it's of Kraut manufacture :beerchug

  9. #9special tool2008-10-07 05:35

    I would say Porsche, but I have only seen ag. machines from them.

  10. #10mouse2008-10-07 07:21

    of east german manufacture? (not that i'd have any bloody idea what it is - i guess its a tractor tho and never fitted with a blade?)

  11. #11kennymopar2008-10-07 08:49

    wouldnt be east german ..its not made from plastic or fibreglass & it actually goes lol .. has someone added wooden or plastic blocks to the tracks ?

  12. #12Rockbreaker2008-10-07 09:41

    My guess is German produced Deutz...

  13. #13dirt digger2008-10-07 10:22

    i know the picture was taken at Rough and Tumble

  14. #14landrvrnut222008-10-07 11:28

    It is a Deutz, not sure of model, but was produced in the 60's. There is one at the local county fair every year. I believe that was the only model with the sloped hood. The rest had the vertical radiator. I believe it was also the largest crawler they made. That orange color is a dead give away for a Deutz. Their tractors of the same era had the same color.

  15. #15stumpjumper832008-10-07 16:38

    Well, the pic was taken at rough and tumble, and your right guys, its a DEUTZ... now for the model...

  16. #16bruce oz2008-10-07 17:09

    pic hello ,here is another pic of the crawler with bulldozer fitted ,bruce oz

  17. #17JimInOz2008-10-07 17:14

    Deutz It's a DK75...65HP from the late 50s or early 60s . The larger DK100 had 100HP,& also had sloping grille. Jim

  18. #18bruce oz2008-10-07 17:20

    video hello here is a video on YouTube of a dk100 ,bruce oz http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LBh8BjPZW34&feature=related

  19. #19stumpjumper832008-10-07 18:31

    yup its a dk75... good job guys.

  20. #20Deas Plant2008-10-08 03:24

    It pays to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi, Stumjumper83. It definitely pays to wait. See, I got the 'good oil' for free with no effort on my part. Way to go. Truth to tell, I didn't even know the thread was here until the answers had been given by others but same result - I get the info for free. Good one. Thanks for sharing.

  21. #21Steve Frazier2008-10-08 11:28

    Are they air cooled like many Duetz engines?

  22. #22stumpjumper832008-10-08 17:11

    As far as I know thet were air cooled just like all the other deutz engines. So deas, have you ever seen one before? Its amazing the amount of knowledge that is pooled together here. I though that little crawler stood a chance of stumping people because it was foreign made and made by a manufacturer most famous for its engines, sencondly for ag equipment, and unknown in construction equipment. Guess I'll have to dig really, really deep to find the unknown mistry machine.