Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another newbie

Jeffksf ยท 2008-10-25 13:01

I'm an estimator for a large sitework company here in the Cleveland area. I've loved machines all my life (34yrs) and somehow I ended up being an estimator instead of an operator. It's all good though, I have a few friends that let me get out and play sometimes. Besides if work is hard to come by chances are good that I'll still be bidding work even if the machines aren't moving much, hopefully. The way the economy looks right now I might find that out......:beatsme

Replies2
  1. #1cat 3852008-10-25 13:13

    welcome,better sharpen that pencil,take care of your boys after all the operators are the ones that will take care of the ones you do get,if the machines don't move for too long you may not be the one bidding work anymore,just something to think about.

  2. #2Jeffksf2008-10-25 13:18

    Don't worry I know, one doesn't work w/o the other.