Hi all, We just got into a deal of buying two JCB 716 1995 Dumpers that have around 3400 hours on them. they are expected to get to the work site in about 45 days coming from France. I tried to attach the pics for you, but no luck sorry Now we are looking at Terex 2566C 1996 "good condition" & Terex 23.66 1989 (four new back tyers & reconditioned transmission done two years ago" Now What should I be looking for and compare between them to make my decision on which to buy. The first one is going for $15k & second one is U$18k
Hello ...:waving Any one home??
Here are the pics Mates This is the ADT I want to buy.... whats your say????
These are two JCB's we bought two eeks ago... not bay A?
The price on the terex's seem fair, Ive seen them sell in the states sell in the low to mid $20's. We run 2 Cats, not much time on Our D300e, our D25c has been great. I have seen a few terex's floating around, never seen a JCB except in pics.
Well we are getting them at a considerably low price, the transport cost might shoot it out of the water for us so we are waiting for a reasonable quote.
the only terex trucks i had any dealings with were very troublesome!! same models as those!!
We almost went to the last local Ritchie auction, but decided against it. They sold a Cat D25d for less than $20,000. From what I been told they use a scraper 6spd trans, 966 axles and have the 3306 for power, plus have a beefed up frame that the c model did not. Our D300 is much more plush than the D25, but the D25 seems very simple and stout. here is a link to a couple pics of ours.
Thanks... I will have to keep your input on mind.
Thanks.. Not a bad price.. I wonder what model it was.
I checked, they sold 2 D300b's for $19000.00, 1 D25d for $7250.00, now I feel really feel bad for not going.
Ohh God, at that price you could of put a little more and made them like new... Which RB auction site was it?
Olympia, WA. We went to the may auction and picked up the D300e, also a 980c and a couple pickups. After checking results this last one would have been better one.
Sorry to hear that the last one was a better deal... but look on the bright side yours might be in much better working condition :cool2 I bought a 980C for $33K from WWA in Dubai last year and had to spend another 30K to get it in reasonable working condition. It was one of my first buys and had 0% experience at that time in Iron. :Banghead
I also did that with the first 980c we bought, we have bought 3 more in the last few years and all have been much better. The rb auction up here they all go for around 25-30K. Every old 966d,e,f series goes between 50-70k, I would like one but never for that price.
Well you gotta start somewhere .. I guess
Jcb why bother guy....wait till you try and get parts for it?...Hoses are all odd sizes...but good luck if you can keep it running....the dont like work...
That gave me the chilles... arnt they supposed to be made in the UK? and yhou still have problems getting parts...? oooh We have a local dealer here and lets hope he supply us with the parts.... and if not its back to Dr. Butcher:deadhorse
Easy purchase a VOLVO instead that,ll save u comparing because nothing compares to a VOLVO and they skin CATS with those
If possible get an oil analysis done, usually trucks tend to get used and abused. Have more operators on them than hours and only see the workshop AFTER they have broken down. Any paperwork on who did the transmissions in the Terex? What sort of hours do they have?
Boy two of my Main Mates from OZ at once Skin CATS that says it all:falldownlaugh Well I think that will be my next step, looking for CATS skiners... The thing is we usually buy machines from far away places and have limited inspection options and rely on what the seller says is the condition of the machine and hope they are as honest as us... From what the seller says it did about 5000 hours since the trans. overhaul ... Most of what we look at are in the 12000 hours ...
Any new nominations guys?
You can hire equipment inspectors.
try iron planet for auctions. they have a good inspection crew and a warenty with the sale. plus lots of pictures and transport company contacts on there web site.
Thats right, but not every where can you find a reliable inspector. Thanks, but it seems to me that they are way over priced on their equipment?? what do you think??
Hi Cat D8 N, just a note but if you find any Machines for sale in Ireland that you think worth a look, drop me a pm and id be happy to inspect them for you! cps
Thanks CPS, actually I have been looking at alot of equip in Ireland lately. I will pm you if any serious thing comes up.
We have a TA30 terex that we bought with 3200 hrs on and have had good luck so far. Does any one know anything about the case 330b artric trucks?