Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another palm to the side of the head moment

Welder Dave · 2024-10-06 01:04

I may or may not need new batteries for the grader. I hadn't used it since I cleaned the battery terminals and cables about a week ago. I had to boost it then. I was using the dump truck today where you turn the key and push a black button to start it. I got in the grader and turned the key. I heard the buzzer for low oil pressure. Then I pushed the black button and nothing so I hooked my truck up to boost it. I talked to a couple guys that came out to ride. 15 minutes later I figured I'd try the grader. I hit the black button again and nothing. Then it dawned on me that was the horn button and it didn't work. I turned the key to start and it fired right up. Duh, now I don't know if the batteries are getting weak or not. Must have been so happy the dump truck keeps running after pushing the black button I totally forgot the grader starts with the key. I was thinking something was wrong with transmission and it wasn't registering it was in neutral.

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-10-06 09:01

    I’m laughing here.

  2. #2reganj2024-10-07 20:37

    Your horn does not work on your grader??? Oh My!!! heh heh heh

  3. #3Pops522024-10-07 22:03

    I'm guessing I'm older than you Dave, (it gets worse)............

  4. #4Truck Shop2024-10-07 22:23

    Allot worse----you know your on your way when you can't remember if you took a crap that morning.