Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Another post about Loegering VTS bearing part numbers.

Staggerlee ยท 2021-05-03 07:04

Basically trying to rebuild my VTS track system. I found this thread and got the part numbers for idler wheel bearings. HeavyEquipmentForums But in the process of going through it I found one of my front hubs is toast as well. Mine's a pre 30000 serial number, so Loegering says they have to be replaced as an entire unit, to the tune of $1,750.00. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative. I already bought the new torsion tubes and am in the process of repairing the torsion arms. We cut out inserts for the damaged areas on the arms on a waterjet, to get the square corners, the arms are milled to receive the inserts. That just leaves hub bearings. Has anyone rebuilt one of their hubs?

Replies1
  1. #145102021-12-27 00:58

    I am looking into this as well, got a pre 30 serial 56link sprocket will not turn by hand. Did you find anything? I will pass on what I find opening mine up.