Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Antique equipment show this weekend (8/10, 11, 12/07)

digger242j · 2007-08-08 20:11

The National Pike, Steam, Gas and Horse Association show is this weekend, near Brownsville PA. I've never been there, but I've heard it's pretty interesting. I'm probably going to pack the twins up and go take a look on Sunday....

Replies13
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-08-08 20:25

    Hey digger242j,Sounds great now if I could just bypass/skip over a few states I would drive on up to see that. But it would take all my time off driving there and back.

  2. #2Truckie2007-08-08 20:29

    Thanks for the heads up Digger. I may even go my self. If I do I will shoot you a PM.

  3. #3digger242j2007-08-08 21:39

    Yes. Do. Weather sounds real nice too. Not the heat and humidity of the past week.30% chance of rain early on Friday, but look at the weekend:

  4. #4Truckie2007-08-10 16:26

    Sorry for the delay in responding back to you Digger things got a little hectic here on the South Side with the storms that came through. I’m still planning on this Sunday. I will know better tomorrow and PM ya. Thanks. The weather dose look a lot better.

  5. #5Electra_Glide2007-08-14 09:16

    Well, did you guys go? How was it, and did you take any pics to share with the class? Inquiring minds want to know...:beatsme SWMBO said we had a church luncheon to go to on Sunday... Also missed the truck pulls on Saturday night at the Big Butler Farm Show... Joe

  6. #6Squizzy246B2007-08-14 10:42

    Hey Joe, I'm pretty sure Digger's plan for the big weekend got KO-ed.

  7. #7Truckie2007-08-14 19:15

    Well guys I’m sorry to say Digger and I did not make it. Digger had something come up unexpected and I was on my way to the show when my cell phone rang and it was my uncle. He called and asked if I could help him replace a turbo on his rig. He had started but broke a stud and was stuck. :Banghead :Banghead So I said I will be there to give ya hand, so I turned my truck around and headed to his place to help him. The stars were lined up against us. Hopefully next time. Sorry to disappoint.

  8. #8digger242j2007-08-14 19:54

    Yeah, we missd it. My daughter started running a fever Saturday night, which of course was gone early on Sunday, but I thought it would be bad judgement to go. I was counting on Truckie to tell me about it. :beatsme Joe, if you have your heart set on seeing truck pulling, don't forget about the Hookstown Fair. It's closer than Butler anyway. I'm thinking of trying to make the Demo Derby on Thursday night. The truck pull is Saturday (8/25).

  9. #9Electra_Glide2007-08-15 08:55

    Just givin' you guys a hard time :avid . Stuff happens...:beatsme Digger, hope your daughter is feeling better. Sick kids can be a bummer. Truckie, next time I need to fix something, I'll be sure to give you a call... Even though none of us was able to go, I was still able to come up with some pictures from the event (used with permission) that were posted on another forum. http://rides.webshots.com/album/560278053DJlABg Looks like it would have made for a fun day. Mark your calendars for next year!!! The Historical Construction Equipment Assoc. national reunion will be held there. We like to go to the Butler Farm Show since they run a stock semi and a stock tri-axle class. Everybody has to drive in and hook to the sled. I don't think they run those at Hookstown. Joe

  10. #10digger242j2007-08-15 09:08

    The stars are still aligned against us seeing anything from there... :beatsme

  11. #11Electra_Glide2007-08-15 09:25

    I fixed the link...one too many http:// s...:bash :Banghead Joe

  12. #12digger242j2007-08-15 09:59

    Thanks for that, Joe. :notworthy (Now I'm really upset that I didn't get to see it all live.)

  13. #13Truckie2007-08-15 22:07

    No problem give a me a call. I should be done with being sick after looking at what I missed. :Banghead :Banghead