Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case D 310

Orchard Ex · 2007-08-10 19:51

When digger posted this in the TD-25 thread: it reminded me of my first dozer. IIRC it was a 1962 Case D310E, 2 way hyd. blade. Pic's are kind of grainy but you get the idea.

Replies27
  1. #1stumper1202007-08-10 20:08

    old case hey i have a 1970 case 310g crawler loader and i still work it the same as my later model td8 for pushing stumps and brush. it works great cause it keeps power to both tracks when turning. just a little slow in revearse.

  2. #2digger242j2007-08-10 20:29

    Ahh, man, you're making me all misty eyed. Mine looked just like that except it was a loader. And I don't have a picture of it that's as good as that those... (I do still have one of the ripper teeth though, sentimental old fool that I am...)

  3. #3wrenchbender2007-08-10 21:43

    Orchard Ex , that's a real nice 310 looks like it has been taken good care of. I still see & get to work on a few of these but most are just worn out junk now. Good to see a nice one still working.

  4. #4cat3202007-08-10 21:48

    We had an old 310 case shovel dozer it was a real oldie it had a gas engine . we would always had to fix the track to keep the track adjuster.

  5. #5surfer-joe2007-08-10 23:22

    One like this wasn't my first, but I do have a lot of memories in the seat of it. It had the gas engine. Ran it all summer in 1965. Summer of 66 my brother and I smartened up and bought our 1st 450 Deere.

  6. #6JS580SL2007-11-20 17:44

    Thats a gem of an old Case.:usa

  7. #7Cat4202007-11-20 18:54

    Here's a couple I took a the local Case dealer's 50th anniversary.

  8. #8cat3202007-11-20 20:31

    wow that brings back memories of the one we had Kinda wish we still had it . would of made a good restoration project. Ours had a bucket instead of the blade.

  9. #9mverick2009-02-04 21:51

    Know someone selling a nice one. For the $6000 he wants, i could get a skid steer that would do more. Neat old dozer though..

  10. #10Amazon-Poclain2009-02-06 00:14

    hi, i have a mc100 poclain, can anyone help me with the hidraulic diagram (presure and return lines) maybe the people who work with CASE can give me a hand on this, thanks

  11. #11Don Welliver2009-06-22 22:29

    My Dad has a D310 we use around the house and in the woods. She's a little rough around the edges but still gets the job done.

  12. #12Don Welliver2009-06-22 22:35

    Does anyone have any info on these dozers. Years produced ? How many ? Availability of parts ? Etc, Etc, Etc. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks.

  13. #13Roger092009-09-21 21:58

    That D310e is what I seen it had extra weights on back

  14. #14Roger092009-09-21 22:04

    forgot to say that the D310e i saw was a loader

  15. #15RHIT022009-09-21 22:07

    Anyone know a rough idea on weight for a 310 with loader and gas engine? Trying to figure out if the current trailer 12K would work or if we need to upgrade if we buy the dozer. Thanks

  16. #16310G Case2009-09-26 02:19

    I got a pair of these case 310G's. My two are both around 6500 pounds, I carry them on my 7000 pound car trailer and have been stop and checked buy police.They pull great with my f150 straight 6 FI 4spd we do use low range for big hills.

  17. #17Don Welliver2009-09-26 13:15

    Hey 310G Case. Where are you located in Pa?

  18. #18310G Case2009-09-26 15:04

    I'm between wilkesbarre and williamsport in the northeast.

  19. #19Don Welliver2009-09-27 19:35

    I have relatives that live in Millville, Pa. Ever heard of it? Not too far from Wilkes-Barre I think. Maybe I'll look you up if I come in to visit. I have a D310E that I just tore the front idler out to replace bearings, seals and repair axle. That track pin is lots of fun.

  20. #20310G Case2009-09-28 11:54

    Yes im near Millville my uncle lives just outside of town and his son is in Millville. I’m getting ready to change the steering bands myself.lol we changed all the pins in the tracks in 1995 we made a table out of steel plates that held the track's and used electric over hydraulic port power to put them out. Believe me that table out back where we made it Pete was a genius coming up with that idea.

  21. #21Don Welliver2009-09-28 21:22

    Who is your uncle and his son? Do you or your uncle know Frank "Tub" Bartlow? He has lived in Millville forever. He loves antique equipment, mostly International, he has held International shows at his building. Do you know any Wellivers or Crawfords?

  22. #22Roger092009-10-04 13:03

    Changeing the steering bands. Is it a hard job to change the bannds?

  23. #23310G Case2009-10-04 19:11

    Sorry took so long to get back to you been busy getting ready for winter. My uncle is Marvin and his son is Matt. As for changing the bands no seems straight forwards in the manual I just got a price of 165 for after markets. But going to check into getting mine rebanded.

  24. #24LynnGoodrich2011-01-07 07:41

    I have access to "almost" any part applicable to a 310 dozer. Most of my parts are new but I do have a few serviceable used parts. Let me know of your needs and interest. I'm in Ga. but I can ship/deliver anywhere lower 48. [email protected]

  25. #251080 bobcat2011-01-07 10:22

    don i been to bartlow building in 2007 during red power roundup nice piece of ih history my dad had a 310 e still got it i got a 850 dozer and 850 loader and a 210b backhoe

  26. #26Island Cat2013-05-09 01:45

    Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I just picked up one of these gems from the Father in Law, great little Dozer. It's a 1961 G-310-E with a newer diesel G-188-D engine, I don't know what year the engine is but she fired right up. I was told weight is 7061 Pounds. Any body know the H.P. for this engine, just wondering? Also she needs a new Hood or maybe some custom sheet metal any help would be great.

  27. #27td14steve2013-05-09 19:27

    I'll throw some more questions out too. i just looked at an old 310 c late 50's is in bad need of tracks though pins and bushings are shot. I can pick it up for cheap, anyone in the northeast know of any used tracks for it? I 'll probably buy it regardless as the price is right. Thanks steve