On my way home recently I stopped and snapped a picture of my "oldies". I know this vintage equipment is nothing like what most of you guys are used too, but it's all I got, what can I say??:crying It was the first time I pulled the trailer with both the skid-steer and backhoe with this truck. I figured the trailer loaded was around 18-20k. The old 466 did a better job than I expected, which was a pleasant suprise.:thumbsup I'm getting the two stick shifting down a little better too.
nothing wrong with older equipment least you can fix it yourself.
Nice setup Jeff. I'd like to have some older equipment like that. Its easier to work on. :thumbsup
Thanks guys!!:yup
If you like old equipment check out HCEA.net
At least it looks like the old equipment is in pretty good shape :beatsme
Which is more than can be said for the driver :laugh
:nono Hey now!! I had my first gravel hauling job with it today(truck). With a load of gravel, and pulling my trailer w/skid-steer, it really was slow. The pit doesn't have a scale,but I estimated with 10yards and everything it was around 56k. 0-55mph acceleration was probobly measured in miles.:yup When driving the legal speed, small hills on the 55mph roads needed a one gear downshift in the rear,and would drop it too 40-45mph. I began compensating by hitting them with my foot in the fan, running on the governor. That would drop back too 55 on the hills (little bumps). Being an extra 20k lbs heavier than I'd been before, with this truck, made a night and day difference in how well it performed. I forgot to write my mileage down at my last fill, but roughly it's 4-5 mpg for the last 90 miles(21gals) Once, with my previous SA Ford L8000 w/3208, pulling a loaded trailer, I averaged over 10mpg on a 360 mile trip. I never calculated it while doing short jobs, but believe it was still much better than I've gotton with this International so far. Not exactly an equal comparison, when considering the amount of work performed by each, but I'm still suprised by the difference. I didn't think a 466 could drink that much.:beatsme
old is good