Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Here are some of our jewels

Dozerboy · 2006-08-07 23:04

I don't know if you guy consider the old or not, but they sure are beat. I glad I do most of our demo and run our hoes most of the time this is what most of our equipment looks like. This is our better 9H and you can't run it over half throttle, I don't know why but I got chewed on for run it WOT it almost will get out of it own way at 1/2. The Water Pull behind the 9 took me 10mins. to figure out how to start still not sure how I really did it and it took me 15mins. to get the sprayers to work and it either all 5 on or nothing. Last our 824 you see the 5' puddle below it well it not water anyone care to guess what it is?

Replies10
  1. #1544D102006-08-07 23:38

    Reguardless of what it is, how does your company get away with having fluid leaks onto the ground especially with no containment. I am also in so cal (carlsbad, RB areas) and our company has been hit with fines before for just such things.

  2. #2Wolf2006-08-08 15:16

    There's some real power in those old machines!

  3. #3Dozerboy2006-08-09 00:54

    It helps when the owner is president of the AGC and we have been shut down several times. We run until/if we get shut down and then I come in and do a clean up. And if it the boss can't get the inspectors to lighten up we will lay down plastic and some sand on top to soak up the oils and fuel. You think it would be cheaper to just fix the leaks.

  4. #4544D102006-08-10 21:08

    Yea being pro-active is usally cheaper in the long run. I think our fine was around 6G's by the time everything was cleaned up and disposed of...

  5. #5Wolf2006-08-11 19:25

    How old are those machines? They look pretty awesome and powerful. What kind of jobs are they used for in SoCal?

  6. #6Dozerboy2006-08-11 19:27

    I don't know how we get away will some of the stuff our boss pulls. That isn't that bad really I did the demo for the Petco Tailgate Park and one the subs hyd. pump on there hoe was blowing oil all over. So they parked it on the street that was eventually going to be demoed so there mechanic could fix it. Well they never bled the pressure off the tank and all of the fluid came out on to the street that cost the over $10K.

  7. #7D10N2006-08-11 23:36

    WOW!!! That 824 is even older and cruddier than the 4 we have!!! (Yet I bet it runs better too).

  8. #8Dozerboy2006-08-15 23:48

    I think we have 6 824 all of there are the same 2 of then the blades don't work hardly on so we drag a sheep’s foot or a beegee(box blade) with them like the last one in those pics.

  9. #9CAT245ME2006-09-03 10:03

    I would love to try out an old D9G or D9H with the ripper, they just look so big and bad, with power to no end.:yup

  10. #10Dozerboy2006-09-04 14:47

    That may be true on a rebuilt dozer or well maintained one, but ours are pathetic you can't run that dozer over 1/2 throttle.