Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any Case Skid Steer Reviews?

MattB ยท 2014-08-04 19:37

I've been looking at getting a new skid steer or CTL with high flow for my tree service. I'm leaning towards the Case SR250 with the enhanced high flow because it (at least on paper) has the highest flow with the lowest overall weight of any skid steer I can find. 35 gpm @ 4000 psi and 7400lbs transport weight. In fact (on paper) nothing even comes close to that. Can anyone speak to their experience running CASE equipment? Quality of build? Responsiveness of the company when stuff does go wrong? The closest dealer is about 2 hours away but they say they are going to be opening a dealership about 20 mins away "soon". The only units I've seen around are the smallest of their line up in a local rental yard, but I don't know if renting those would really be a fair comparison. This rental yard only has stuff that has been beat to $hi+. Any feed back is appreciated. Before you ask...yes I do need the high flow, high pressure for a large hydraulic chainsaw. If I could buy a Terex with 45 gpm or a fecon with 60 gpm I would, but the price and weight are prohibitive for the work we do. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1clintm2014-08-04 22:26

    ive have two older 90xt's they are great but I've not been hearing very good things about the new ones there a thread on here that an owner operator has had nothing but nightmares with his you need to look it up and read it.

  2. #2KSSS2014-08-05 00:47

    I have been running CASE skid steers since 1994. I have had an overall very favorable experience. CASE has stood behind the issues that have come up. I currently have a 2012 TR320. I have had some control handle issues which CASE has taken care of. I had an oil pan crack, and CASE has taken care of that. JNB on this forum has the same machine and has had a lot of problems, not sure what CASE has provided in the way help, but the machine and or his dealer has been a problem. Many machines have problems. CAT seems to have problems keeping engines from grenading in certain machines with little support from CAT. That does not excuse JNB's issues but shows that all OEMS have their problems. It is simply a matter of how they are handled. I am right now getting a CAT 272D and a CASE SV300 and a Deere 328 for a demo to replace my 465. I am anxious to see how they compare. The 272D specs very well, I am curious to see if that edge shows up in its productivity.