Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any directional or vertical drillers here?

Norbert77 ยท 2019-02-11 11:14

I'm looking at an older ditch with unit to do some core drilling. Can a directional drill be set up for core removal? Are the drill speeds fast enough for core, or are there slow speed core drill bits?

Replies8
  1. #1Junkyard2019-02-11 11:22

    What are you looking to drill and how big?

  2. #2Norbert772019-02-11 11:55

    I'm looking to do some mineral exploration, I need 2" core drills, NQ is the style I believe. 20-50 foot of 3-4 inch casing first.

  3. #3AzIron2019-02-11 22:42

    You can core drill at slower speeds but it's slow going depending on the formation it could get iffy results nq likes to spin faster than hq usually But if your drilling vertical with a directional drill I would question if it can carry the weight if your hanging a string on it that's over a few hundred feet all the core rigs I have been around use a winch for haul back and you have to carry the string off bottom when you pull core or you can sand in the tube

  4. #4rondig2019-02-12 01:08

    One of our vert drills

  5. #5rondig2019-02-12 01:09

    Another

  6. #6rondig2019-02-12 01:10

    More

  7. #7rondig2019-02-12 01:11

    Last one

  8. #8rondig2019-02-12 01:11

    Built them all right here