Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any drivers here in that big Canada convoy?

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2022-01-25 10:39

Just wondering. Most OTR guys I see have pretty darn good internet setup in the cab. If you are in it, can you give us first person reports? I don't trust the press anymore.

Replies27
  1. #1James Sorochan2022-01-25 11:32

    I have a friend that was saying the convoy started in I think Vancouver then was heading east with trucks and cars going along the way to Ottawa, Ontario ( Nations capital ) to protest the vaccine mandate. Also drivers that are not planning on making that trip are going to head down to all the border crossings right across the country and making their presents known plugging things up. I heard there were truckers in Manitoba that already went down to Emerson and would drive up and circle back just before the crossing. I wouldn't be surprised on this next one planned they just stop and plug things up altogether. I think your drivers down south are also coming up to do the same thing. The news reports up here that I saw have been siding with the government mandates trying spin the story as to show the protesting drivers as a small minority. Lots of miss-information from media. It's a much bigger issue than what you hear in the news. We'll see what happens.

  2. #2Tones2022-01-25 14:29

    https://www.rebelnews.com/stunning_support_for_truckers_travelling_through_alberta

  3. #3James Sorochan2022-01-26 23:45

    Talked with my friend the trucker tonight. He heard that when the convoy hit the west side of Winnipeg there where thousands of supporters lined up waiting for them in -28 degrees C. Huge support building as they head east. The Canadian media said the convoy was 20 kilometres long but it may actually be 125 klm long and growing. Seems like this has taken on a life of its own. Its more than just the truckers fighting the vaccine mandate. What's everyone down in the US hearing?, or anyone else around the world?

  4. #4Tones2022-01-27 04:30

    Only what I see on the above link. Not a mention on MSM here which isn't surprising.

  5. #563 caveman2022-01-27 05:50

    I have a friend haling grain and beef out of North Dakoda to Canada getting paid obscene money. Told me he was going to stop making the runs when the mandate kicks in! He has also bin harassed at the border holding up livestock for 12 hours. Boy we are living in some crazy times!

  6. #656wrench2022-01-27 10:38

    Well, the professional protesters got involved and now i'm concerned its out of control. One of the original organizers is now concerned some of the radicals involved will cause violence. They should have thought of that before they got all these people fired up. From what i understand, a large percentage of the actual long-haul truckers are vaccinated. I really hate how these people are incited to rebel against everything. There were reports of how the donations to the previous Yellow Shirt fund were fraudulently skimmed off. Some of the same people involved here. Lately, Go Fund Me wouldn't release funds until it was clear where they were going. I can bet that with a few million dollars involved now, a lot of it will not be accounted for. A lot of people that won't put vaccine in their bodies either use tobacco, cannabis, alcohol, narcotics or have tattoos. How is that any different? Just get the damn vaccine.

  7. #7ianjoub2022-01-27 10:57

    NGO's plant 'protesters' to disrupt actual protests. If they can get a few paid personnel to do violence, the MSM can paint a broad stroke and call all of the protesters radicals. As for 'putting the vaccine' in your body vs. other drugs: it is a personal choice, for either. I would refuse to put alcohol in my body as well if the government tried to mandate it.

  8. #863 caveman2022-01-27 11:28

    "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9Nige2022-01-27 11:45

    Your choice as regards the vaccine. Welcome to the Control Group.

  10. #10ianjoub2022-01-27 11:48

    and glad to be here!

  11. #11John C.2022-01-27 11:52

    Nothing here in the main stream news media about any convoy or protest. So many times something the web is spouted as fact and turns out to be BS. I had a teacher in high school that used to say to the class, "don't believe anything you hear and only half what you see." Seems appropriate to me in this case.

  12. #12James Sorochan2022-01-27 12:57

    56WRENCH. To be clear. Are you saying the vaccine is dangerous as are the other substances you mention? There is information out there that shows abuse of these things is bad for you for sure. So what's your point? I think John C has something with what he's saying. 63 caveman....wise words indeed. We are living out these words in reality here. These are the issues of our lives that bring out the best and worst in us. This is where the rubber hits the road. I would think some of us would rather not deal with matters of this nature on HEF but these things are not to be discounted.

  13. #13Tones2022-01-27 16:00

    @ wrench, I'd like to debate you on the topic but in the last 2 years I've served fb jail time on numerous occasions, once for quoting Mark Twain so I'll fold my fingers and sit on my hands.

  14. #14Truck Shop2022-01-27 19:02

    There's a lot I could say-but won't. Other than I'm sick and tired of the human race on both sides of the aisle. The Crow in my avatar is smarter than high a percentage of humans. carry on.

  15. #15Shimmy12022-01-27 20:29

    And you won't see any coverage, until it can't be covered up anymore. I'm just glad for guys like James giving real updates here. The smoke is starting to clear, and mirrors are being smashed every day. At some point, we will all know the truth, and I hope it doesn't take bloodshed to fully reveal it.

  16. #16Shimmy12022-01-27 20:35

    This.

  17. #17John C.2022-01-27 21:54

    Photoshop is a wonderful tool for propaganda.

  18. #18Shimmy12022-01-27 22:11

    If it really was as big of a deal as some would have us believe, there would be no need for all this **mandate** crap, people would be lining up like Black Friday to get the clot shot. Somewhere along the line something went wrong with this deal, just not sure at this time exactly what.

  19. #19_Weldman_2022-01-27 23:12

    You never see a dead crow on the side of the road. Name one vaccine where you need more than one shot besides this one, tetanus is an infection and anthrax is a nerve agent

  20. #20ianjoub2022-01-27 23:37

    It is so good, the government has to force people to do it!

  21. #21Shimmy12022-01-28 00:08
  22. #22suladas2022-01-28 00:11

    Bingo. If it was half as bad as the media said there would be bodies in the streets everywhere because so many people were dying, by what I hear in the media I should have caught covid at least 50 times and died probably 10 by now, but yet almost 2 years later haven't got even the sniffles despite not changing a single thing. The cure is worse then the disease. Oddly enough in august or so I was willing to get the shots to travel this winter figuring if another country required it for travel I was ok with that. But bringing in forced vaccination? Nope not happening ever, there is not a single thing the government could do to force me to get it at this point, they don't realize the harder they try the more many like me dig in. I do believe for a certain portion of the population it less of a risk then getting a bad covid reaction like older people and those with compromised immune systems, but for healthy people shot is more of a risk then covid. The worst part of all this is seeing how many stupid people there are and how easily they are brainwashed and can't think for themselves. Wearing masks in a car alone, or in a parking lot without anyone else within 100' , or going for a walk, or people too scared to go for a walk outside! This might sound harsh but I question why society dumbs things down enough to let these people survive instead of letting nature take it's course. Frankly if anyone who lives in Canada doesn't support the convoy, leave because you are part of the problem and why the country is going to ****. It is about far more then a vaccine, it's about government overreach and trying to control everyone and profit from it.

  23. #23Tones2022-01-28 02:47

    I'm not anti vax at all and during my life I've had plenty of them including Polio, Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Typhoid and Cholera and all of them have worked. So for 18 months people have been encouraged, coerced or forced into getting an experimental medication that neither stops people from getting the virus , doesn't stop people getting ill from the virus and doesn't stop people spreading the virus. So *** are they giving the population? Watching people queuing at testing stations or for the jab reminds me of movie footage of another time when people queued, standing quietly, being forced into something they didn't want but didn't resist. That was only 70-80 years and both my parents and others fort to stop that and succeed. The population's behaviour now makes a mockery of their endeavours.

  24. #24Tones2022-01-28 03:41

    https://www.rebelnews.com/experts_weigh_in_on_trucker_convoy

  25. #25JLarson2022-01-28 04:07

    That probably be when they let it out of the bag over in china, seems to have been a downhill spiral from there lol Turned into a pretty big freaking dumpster fire.

  26. #2663 caveman2022-01-28 05:36

    I wonder if the truckers would be allowed to cross if hauling TP after all it is societies' number one priority.

  27. #27digger242j2022-01-28 11:56

    This really doesn't have anything to do with "trucks", does it? In answer to my own question, no, it doesn't. It's about people's opinion about whether their political leaders are right or wrong, which makes it a "political" discussion, and we all know HEF's rule about that.