I have kx040 with 168hr on it. Its a good machine but I really like the the new 5 series cab. Been in a kx057-5, like the 57 but its about 2000lb over my trailers gvwr. Truck is a 2022 f350 so its more than capable, like 21000 pumper pull i think. Trailer is a 14900lb. The new 5 series u48 have much better hydro flow, 31gpm vs 24 gym on my 040. I can really feel the hydro flow suck when I use the boom and tracks at same time on the 040. It really pulls down. Wonder if the 7gpm increase helps. The tracks are a foot longer too so that helps with rocking, and its a 1000lb heavier. But this is just me regurgitating what I’ve read. I would like to do a u55 or kx057 but not looking to upgrade trailer. Has anyone ran a u48 that can compare it to the 040?
No replies yet.