I have a Gearmatic #9 mounted on a Case 350 Dozer. Up until recently it was operating great. However it started sticking when spooling in until I put the reverser in neutral. When I do this it would stop and the brake would come on. I could then release the cable with the control unit in the forward position and the cable could be pulled out. Again, the winch is stuck in the engaged position when I pull the lever back and continues to reel in even when I move lever to the brake or free spool position. The only way to stop is put reverser in neutral. I replaced both lines and have bled many times with the same results. Any ideas? Is the issue in the "clutch circuit" or the "brake circuit" Appreciate any thoughts!
Far from a expert but I have delt with way too many of these. The brake is a one way brake ,it holds the drum from unspooling. The clutch powers thru the brake when spooling in . So likely the clutch cylinder is sticking, or the controller cylinder is not releasing. Have you adjusted the clutch bands? Will it release when you open the clutch hose? PM me your phone # if you want a pow wow. I live on the left coast. Bad Bob
Thanks Bluox. Ill try releasing the clutch hose when it spooling in. It does stop spooling when I put transmission in neutral and shift back to forward. I havent pulled the clutch cover yet. Guess thats next