Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

any ideas

AtlasRob ยท 2008-03-02 17:08

Thought you might be intrested in this. I know what it does and it does it very well. Has anybody else seen one.?

Replies7
  1. #1METCO2008-03-02 17:48

    Jersey wall mover , to change lanes. barrier is like a big roller chain,machine just picks it up a little and moves it through rollers and guides

  2. #2John H2008-03-02 19:40

    They use one on 93 going into Boston every day to make HOV lanes.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2008-03-02 20:22

    They have 2 of them at the Tappan Zee bridge between Westchester and Rockland Counties here.

  4. #4tonka2008-03-02 21:12

    They have them on a ton of bridges on the east coast, Walt Whitman, Ben Franklin, Commodore John Barry, Del Memorial, Tappen Zee bridges....

  5. #5GaryKelley2008-03-02 22:30

    I'd like to have the keys to it for a couple of days...I bet I'd make the front page of the newspaper then!

  6. #6AtlasRob2008-03-09 18:04

    Barriers I thought I did an update to this a few days ago, hope it isnt dumped in somebody elses thread :Banghead For those that dont know what we are on about, here are a few pics of the barrier. The machine is the same both ends and has a driver both ends when in operation, the machine can be crab steered to move the barrier further or less as needed. Every 17th block is a steel unit with a hyd ram inside to slide and provides the expansion and retractive movement.

  7. #7Turbo218352008-03-09 19:22

    We have one here in Michigan. Currently on a 7-10 mile project on I-75 between Birch Run and Bridgeport. It runs thursday nite, and saturday afternoon. We have a lot of north bound traffic friday afternoon-sat noon. So they set 3 lanes north on for the time frame. Then on sat they switch things over so there is 3 lanes south, 2 lanes north. All the traffic that went north on fri-sat comes south on sat night-sunday