We are possibly looking into getting a breaker for our 310SG backhoe. I found a one called a City rammer. Anyone hear or use them before? Good? Bad? I tried looking for there web site I could not find it. Anyone know there web site. Thanks.
breaker If it is a Rammer they are made by Allied in Ohio the city part is just there name for a hammer that is made with noise dampining they are very good hammers Just remember the #1 thing is to keep the tool greased one of the few things you want to see grease running out of
That’s good to hear that they are good. I am new to hammers. Would a 750 pound hammer break rock fairly easily? That’s what it would be mainly use for.
breaker A 750 lb hammer seems is what allied recomends for most TLB unless you have a larger backhoe like the 710 then you could go to a 1000lb hammer which I think your 310 would run but it would be VERY light on the front end
What type of rock are you trying to brake?
Umm not sure what it is called. I don't think it is a very hard rock. It would be like gray rock used to make gravel found in quarries around the area. I don't know if that tells you anything.
it depends on the rock here in norther NJ we have a lot of Basalt it is blueish grey. Have seen 600 size excavtors with 16,000 lb hammers on it not even scratch the rock. But there are areas with this dark brown rock which has very tight seams 6" apart that I break with a 900 lb hammer.
Dirthog is right about the grease. You need to grease it about every hour or two of use, or sooner if it looks dry. Their website is http://www.alliedcp.com who is the US and North American distributor. The hammers are actually made by Sandvik in Sweden.
Good day Rammer parent company Scandvick go http://www.rammer.com primarily a scandinavian manufacture this product has been badged by a number of excavator manufacturers. Has a good reputation as hammers go. If you need specify information drop me an email at [email protected] . Kind regards and happy crimble Uffex
hammer i had a case hammer (sandvick ) on a 2007 case 590 ,not a bad hammer but due to the small diameter point ,length was short now have a 3cx with a good old krupp hm185 and a decent length of point