Anyone on here ever worked for or with Horizon Earthworks from Edmonton, Ab. The word on the street is not at all complimentary but what's the truth? They're doing a job about 4 miles from where I live and just curious.
I was wondering too i seen they were looking for operators. also wondering about sureway and norellco. how are things in gp? it sure is slow down south bc
You guys can PM me for info on Horizon. All I will say on a public forum is that all the bad you have heard about Horizon.... is true. Sureway is busy... I umm know a guy who works there....lol Norellco, I have seen em around don't know exactly how busy they are though.
Stay away from Sureway, I heard they will hire any sort of riff-raff to run trackloaders there... Oh hi Alex
Thanks I've started hearing more recently myself. They were gonna buy a compactor from a guy I knew and when they found out that they had to supply a certified check instead of using it for 2-3 weeks and then paying when their "financing gets arranged" they simply disappeared won't answer or return calls or emails. The rest is unfit for print here. But my next question is how do they keep going. Doesn't WCB get involved if your employees haven't got paid in 6 weeks? Or if they're notorious for "buying" equipment but not paying and then when it gets repo'd sueing the pants off the dealer where do they get their equipment? Sureway must be doing something right to expand so fast. Does their business plan consist of hiring idiots? Been seeing some of their equipment heading west on Hwy 43 toward Grande Prairie. Where are they working out there and on what kind of project?
Sureway got the Spirit River road job. You get idiots where ever you go and more often in the larger companies. Last year we had a couple "Sureway" buggy skinners who were just awful, I am sure they weren't too popular over at sureway either but they always talked about the 57's, no good on 31's or 27's though. On the other hand though some of the best buggy skinners I know worked for sureway.
stay away from horizon,,just a poison company, all your overtime is paid as loa so you get screwed,,and lots of smoke blown up your ass,i was a foreman and walked off the job. promise you the world and lie through their teeth
Yes Horizon is a shady outfit to work for,, like I said everything you have heard is true. As for Sureway, yes they have a big job in Spirit River thats where you see iron going to. As for hiring idiots, yeah we have our fair share of em, who doesn't though. As for the comment about riff-raff hired to run 973's...... I could say the same thing about Kidco hiring some poorly skilled guys to run 385's.. but I won't. Ahhh forget it... sure I will.
Ah yes that brings back memories. Two years ago when you couldn't find poor help never mind good the bosses where I worked managed to pick up a few specimens. Yeah as a foreman I wasn't always sure if I was building road or running a day care. Like the grader operator who put away a 12 pack of low alcohol beer in the first 4 hours of work. Didn't need a water truck but the grader seemed to be parking most of the time. He stopped me that one time and he was in trouble, he had brought along a 12 pack low alcohol beer and a gallon of water and he was wondering should he drink his beer first and then his water or vice versa or half and half. When the bosses found out about his drinking on the the job the beer joined the stuff already on the ground. I think he lasted a week. Or the Kodak moment. Compactor driver climbing out the right hand window on the compactor and the grader operator coming up the ladder fixing to put his lights out. They're funny now but sure weren't back then.
Ahh Lester, yah just steer clear of him. Trouble through and through. Just one of many around this parts not worth the ink.
Horizon Earthworks Ltd. Where Do I begin ? As a former employee of Horizon all the bad things you are 100% true !!!!! AH Lester he will lie to you to get you there to work for him because nobody in Alberta will work for him!!!! The only people that he can get to work for him is people from the East Coast.... They dont not pay their bills anywhere, they run up charge accounts then just avoid thier bills like the great plague. They will go set up charge accounts somewhere else and do the same thing. When its pay day week they will not buy anyting to make sure paychecks will clear, this is one thing I can give them paychecks never bounce, but your paycheck is always short a minimum of 16 hours per pay and if you ask question about it you get fired !!!!! It is so sad thier the employees will buy company parts, fuel etc... on thier on creditcards to keep the company going so they can work another week !!!!!!!As a truck driver it was sad had a company creditcard to buy fuel , creditcard would never work always had to Lester at home all hours of the night to get a creditcard number that would work!!!!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT POISON !!!!!STAY AWAY FROM HORIZON !!!!! So bad some stores you would go into to buy something, would tell you to leave if you mention the name HORIZON EARTWORKS !!!!!!
Also the equipment they own is all junk worn out junk from the trucks to the iron all junk !!!!!!
That type of outfit operate here as well,will pay you but never the right amount maddening that.
Warrant Hey there, i currently have a warrant out nationwide for about 5 CATS that are financed to Horizon Earthworks and was wondering if anyone would currently know where these units may be stashed? apparently, they have hit rock bottom and my client wants to bring them down further. please let me know if anyone may know where these are for spite or whatever grudge you may have against this company. thanks
wow, and I thought a couple of our local contractors were sketchy... Nothing like this!
They had an add in the sun couple weeks back and a add on the gov canada job bank lookin for cat skinners. pretend to be one lol when they send you out there bring in the low beds
Warrant i saw that. thank you for that information!
Are you offering a reward for the location of the 5 CATS?
No doubt they would be found if there was and a list of the models they are searching for
Warrant I am looking for 2 1992 Cat D9N, s/n 1JD01840, and 1JD01758, 2 2000 Cat D300E, s/n 5KS00445, 5KS00446 and a 1997 Hitachi EX400LC-3, S/N 166-5429.
I have a friend working for them who isn't too pleased with them, shoot me a PM and I might be able to get you some info.
To bad they will be up and running again next year under a new name
I saw most of that equipment on a job close to my place throughout the summer. The only crawler still left out here is either an 8 or a 9. Pity the guy who has to pick it up. The tracks are off. Down another note I don't think these guys care what people say about them or if equipment gets repo'd. They make their money suing people. Just ask the widow who "sold" these guys her departed husbands concrete plant.
Oh im sure they don't care what people say about them. Just like to see them lose some stuff over somthing that happend between a buddy of mine and them
Who are the owners? Is it Lester or that Terry guy? I don't know their last names.
Justify that comment !!!
I'm not Wrenches but the people I've talked to from there have mostly been Easterners and some fine Canadians at that. One of their foremen are from Ontario and I've never talked to him but the neighbours have an excellent opinion of him.
Pretty simple if you just got to Alberta from eastern Canada you dont know who the good guys are and who the bad ones are. One would most likley see an add and apply for the job not knowing they are a horrible company. Reason why there mostly eastern ppl that work there
Ok ...thanks .. I thought there was gonna be some mud sling'n starting .... Good info for guy's that have to go there to hook a job ..
Hey fellow i kno where all 5 pieces of gear are
Nice work !!!!!
From the sound of things, losing a job there wouldn't be much of a loss, but just the same, this might be a good time to remind everybody that this is the internet. Don't post anything here that will get you in trouble in the real world. What you do through the Private Message system is your own business. And keep in mind that this is stated in the forum rules:
Well you know what they say.... the best of the west are all from the east! And I say that proudly being from Ontario. Which is still Yours to Discover.... discover there are no jobs that is.....:Banghead And guys...... isn't this entire site about mud slingin? I thought I was the only one backfilling with packing peanuts around here.
I dont sling mud ,back fill ,roll ,scrape,rip,tear,or push.. I hang ,flip,pull,hammer and make daylight...
I hate the rating compaction you get with those....:Banghead:Banghead:bash
I know.... and the squeeking they make when the Dynapac goes over them. You'd think something with packing in the name would be great for engineered fill :beatsme
Some things are just better left as mysteries I guess.....
They're so small and defenseless, it sounds like squeeking. They're actually screaming...
They're using foam as backfill in Alberta and BC already... I haven't worked with it, but it sure looks interesting to say the least. http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34955?search_term=foam fill
Dude WTH... you take a perfectly good humorous comment I made that had no validity or substance and turned it into something relevant.... thats just not cool. Although 3 cheers for us using the product on that job they speak of in Spirit River thats us... and hey hey hey we're ahead of schedule you know why? Because we are doing it the Sure way.... get it? I made a funny
LOL sorry dude, it's the engineer in me... No fun, no fun at all! QUESTION: What do engineers use as Birth Control? ANSWER: Their personalities... I made a funny too. :tong
Warrant Well, i was out to visit the job site today in Debolt and saw their staging area and lots of their equipment but not the ones that we were looking for and apparently missed them by a week or so according to some people kicking around the area. i was by thier office last night and found out where some of their current job sites are and are currently trying to track them down. if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
a location would be appreciated.
do you have any more info on this concrete plant?
Sounds like your getting the run around now. they probably hid them in some bush till they can pay out the debt on them
Warrant maybe but they owe over $80,000 on these units. thats a lot of dough to cough up.
Lester's last name is Sorensen
I take it you are refering to the Concrete plant in Lamont. Alot of farmers with gravel on their land were taken to the cleaners as well in the Fort Saskatchewan area .
Apparently all is well with Horizon..... 2 guys I work with just got hired on this morning to run buggies for horizon. It's 2 guys im not really too fond of so I just happened to forget about this thread when they told me.
I have worked 2 years for these guys, wasnt bad up till 2 months ago. Still waiting on pay 4 weeks ago. Heard a few other things that have happened but dont wanna say on board. Also I was working the debolt job.
anything new regarding this company....i think they are done
Horizon Earthworks is Bakrupt. BEWARE OF PHASE 2 EARTHWORKS The Owner Lester Sorenson has once again drove another Civil Company into the ground. I lost track at about the 4th company. Somehow with Horizon he was able to get bonding and bid all kinds of public jobs for Alberta Transportation and various counties. Unfortunately most of these goverment bodies have no choice but to always use the lowest tender price which seemed to be quite often Horizon Earth Works. Everyone saw this coming with this company it was only a matter of time. Unfortunately his stupidity drove the depressed market even lower making it harder for the good contractors to survive. But no fret like always Lestor started up another company the day after Horizon earthworks went bankrupt called Phase 2 Earthworks. personally I think it should be called Phase 14 earth works but thats besides the point. So to all contractors, creditors, etc. BEWARE OF PHASE 2 EARTH WORKS. Happy Digging in 2010
good info thanks for that
This Lester fella sounds like quite the loser. Hasn't he figured out he should be flipping burgers or something by now... Jeeze.
Haha I heard about Phase 2 EW.... thats awesome. I also found out another company who might be next up.... Waiward Constructions EW division is hemeraging money like you wouldn't believe. But you didn't hear that from me. :beatsme
I also heard about waiward but have not heard they are ticking people off like horizan did
Give them some time, They screwed the pooch royally on the Ft Crack airport project. Oddly enough I got the pics of the shennanigans via facebook.
oh they very well could be just saying i havent heard it yet. I know a couple operators up there and they told me a couple times how great the job was goin.
Yep, I'll definately say from what I have heard the last few days im very glad to not be there. I am definately interested in hearing the goings on though :drinkup
I think you mean they're still screwing the pooch on that one....they're still there.
They got shut down up there, or are in the process of bein shut down for the winter. I had some amazing pics forwarded to me from that site.
They were working when I was there the other day.
Hmmmmm, the foreman that was running that job was sent back to E-Town to finish up Waste Management because they fired the foreman there. Maybe they have an IGL guy up there now.... things should go much smoother.....:Banghead
Flipping burgers wearing a striped uniform maybe?
If they are that good please share or I'll I'll darn forgot what I was goin to say.
I can't post them publicly... I am a little nicer than that. One person here has seen them, he can vouch if they are good or not.
Awwwwhh Shoot !
There good pics but there not good to post up on an open forum to many faces can be seen and unit numbers
There is a thread from about 9 months ago that shows some of the action from another job Waiward was on.
A 450 Deere buried on top of a pile of a topsoil, a classy act to say the least.
its in lamont
seen alot of the Horizon iron at the ritchie sale there Hitachi 350 is somthing i will be looking at next sale
horizon into recivership ,bank took over .
The bank kinda took over.... Sureway took over the iron. I'll stop by the pit tommorrow and grab some pics.
that s alright i'd like to see what machines are left...
05 Cummins and I saw some of the iron at Ritchie Bros this week in its own little area. They had..... 4 S-24B Terex Scrapers 3 330C's 1 350 Hitachi 4 773B's 2 621F's 14H a couple D5's and a 6 953B 2 IT28G's and a nice collection of more than likely not road legal trucks.
don't forget all the hoe pacs wrist buckets rippers and trailers
Hopefully the iron was still in good usable shape!
is there any new info regarding this company??they burnt me for lots of $$:deadhorse
You're best bet would be to chase the bankruptcy court now. I know Deloitte & Touche are somewhat involved as there is a Cat near me they're bidding out.
New development on Horizon earth works, has another new company that he is finishing some previous contracts under to get the money past all of the creditors. Phase 2 earth works and now another company called something like can-west earth works or something of that nature. saw all the equipment at Ritchie Bros... that is not near half of the equipment he has, but I am sure he has other equipment in other names etc... he has been bankrupt soo many times he kinda knows how to work the system and screw everyone. Good luck creditors
They have found almost ALL of the Horizon iron now, yes there is a good chunk at RB. The rest of it is sitting in a gravel pit waiting to be sent over to RB for a DuPont Overhaul.
Note to Lester at Horizon/ Phase 2/ Can-west. I wouldn't bring anymore equipment to Debolt. I've been told that a few neighbours are very angry with you for the stunts you've pulled out here which has left the Harper Creek road in a mess and delayed the paving of it for a year and maybe more. I don't live along it or near it but I have friends that do and they are a redneck bunch.
Unfortunately Lester doesn't really care if people are angry, pretty tough bugger and runs with an even tougher crowd. Wink, wink :angel
How the hell do people do this? I've seen it in trucking as well. Owner files bankruptcy multiple times and is able to reopen his doors as another company and buy all new trucks/trailers/equipment. We had a company in Ga that did this, closed his doors like 3 times and always came back. He's running like 25 newer pete 379's that look like damn show trucks. I want to know who extends them credit, I'll be sure to pay them a visit. lol.
He must have amazing contacts in the banking world
Companies like ours probably finance this guy. Think about it now the remaining big dogs in the city make extra money cleaning up Lester's mess.
<---- ran the horizon concrete plant I was working up in Edmonton up until Nov. 20, 2009, when I realized we were not getting paid anymore. I have worked for them for 2 years and we all knew this was going to happen, it was always just a matter of when. As someone already recalled horizon (as crazy as they were) have always paid employees (just not the suppliers) until the end of 2009, leaving most of us in a bad bad place. I only got screwed out of 3 weeks pay, there are some folks that were out 5 weeks pay. And the kicker was the timing. And the lies told to us, the worst being in the last few weeks just to get the equipment moved,knowing they were about to ruin peoples lives. It just proved again what everyone already knows- Lester dont give a **** about anyone but himself and his equipment. I know where just about everything is and am courious what they still got. :ban Anyone know if they found the crusher(Lester's pride baby),cat IT-28 loader, OR cat 333 track hoe? And the conrete plant is a seperate company as far as I know but Im courious as to if anything is happening out there.
There was 2 it loaders at the auction To bad about your pay. I didnt know he had a crusher what brand and size was it?
There is a crusher sitting in our gravel pit... and I would guess its Lester's it doesnt have any Yellowhead stickers on it. Yes the IT28G is at RB already and so are both 330C Cat hoes.
Sound alot like Canatec out of BC.The were in the Puget Sound area in the early 90s. Same kind of stuff.
deloitte&touche just called me about my claim for any $$$$ back from loss. he told me the secured accounts were lucky if they were gonna get paid.... so if you are on the unsecured creditors list (such as me) good luck getting paid. i told him if he was gonna give me some sort of compansation to cover my losses, i would help him find some of the stuff on the unrecovered list. Appearently the crusher is not on the list but he sure wanted to know about my actions the last weeks of business. NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!! As much as would like to see lester uncomfortable, im not goin to allow money to be made off of my info and I'm still out my money owed.. THX U GUYS FOR THE INFO ON THE IRON AT R.B. AND THE INFO ABOUT THE CRUSHER. THE CRUSHER WAS A ROAD RUNNER PORTABLE CRUSHER 24x36 adjustable jaw with a single stacker; THX AGAIN
Want some pics? lol
You may want to think again about not helping Deloitte People use front men like their brother to hide behind so when you do your homework you dont find the rotten apple so to speak. It is sad to think someone would actually use their brother to set up a false front to the business and dup honest people who lend their hard earned money. Unfortunately the brother is the one who is going to pay the price for what he did. How can a guy sleep at night knowing he xxxxed his brother??? By not helping firms like Deloitte recover all of the assets it means the hard working employee , who is entitled under law to unpaid wages, gets nothing and in the long run it just makes it that much harder for an honest company trying to grow there business if they want to borrow money.
Please bear in mind that there is a pecking order for claims to the likes of Deloitte ,over here it goes like this Deloitte :then, 1 revenue (IRS) 2 Finance Companies 3 Major Suppliers 4 Unions 5 Everyone else usually at a % per dollar owed
dont bother with deloitte, they offered money to me i told them where some stuff was and then they screwed me. they are supposed to file some papers with the govt so we can get a severance pay and they have not done that either. they are not the good guys either beware of helping mike seifert at deloitte, not a good guy. the guy on the concrete plant was a yankee here illegally, otherwise he could get the govt wage thing too, his pain is self inflicted
i thought this might be interesting, but it sounds like a lot of crying and whimpering from an industry that used to pride itself on hard work, suck it up boys you r supposed to be men not babys, and i can imagine you fellas all have good jobs because your the cream of the crop, ya right sitting at home unemployed, recession is here and face it, you guys just are not that good, and a with a bad attitude. these employers are a lot smarter than you give them credit for
Yes... these guys getting screwed out of money by their employer makes them babies. I for one think Deloitte is doin ok. I work for the company thats repo'ing the Horizon iron so they are doin good in our books. If your thinking Lester is such a smart and great guy... I imagine Phase 2 Earthworks is hiring... have fun sport.
Goodtogo, Is your name Lester? It sure sounds like it
Wow always one newbie who has to come on and be a jerk. as for them being cry babies they did the work put in the hours and deserve to be paid for the time. Maybe them stating what happend will stop others from being screwed by a shady character. I like the russian way of doing things i was over in that country bout 4 years ago and if a guy didnt pay his bill or workers somhow he just ended up missing So how about not coming on here and calling people names be constructive .
And companies who lost precious revenue on materials supplied in an already tough year are not "crybabies". People deserve to get paid for goods and services they provide. Bottom line. When some jacka$$ has let his company go under 8 or more times, and always embezzled enough to start up again with a new name and a new scam, it raises the ire of more than a few people. Unfortunately, they always seem to be just a few steps ahead of their reputation, so they screw new people every time. I'm glad I found this forum, as we have a few other bad debts this year thanks to some bad dudes. Now I can keep track of their new company names and make sure we don't repeat our mistakes.
Exactly well said new guy.
Well said Burnout well said
ointhead ointheadyeah, not to hop on the wagon , but pleeeeeeeaassse spare me for one goodtogo. with the sarcastic remarks and b/s. maybe feel out the forum before you start talking s.... whatever dude. welcome to the forum and all of you're new friends. oh yeah, you must get along great with people in the field. p.s good first impression?? ointhead ointhead ointhead ointhead ointhead ointhead ointhead ointhead
Seen a Phase 2 truck on the hwy today must be up and running now.
Phase 2 I would love to know where phase 2 is working and pay them a visit Anyone know?
seems to me that lester is more than just a shady character....he seems to have a way of making anyone and everyone believe whats he says is true...my opion is that he needs to be takin care of the old fashion way...i just wonder is he had the nerve and the guts to call any former employees to come back to work for him....anyone know...
lester ows us $$$ $$$.$$ and he isnt ashamed of it.we need to find some of his hidden track hoes 270,s or 225,s no questions asked.
I have been watching this thread and wonder how can a person like this Lester keep getting bonded ??? and is there any new on the "Phase 2 Earthwork" are they getting jobs ??
I haven't heard if Lester has found some more work, but I saw a Phase 2 truck the other day cruisin around town. Most of the Horizon collection was sold off last week at Ritchie Bros. His S-24's are still sitting at the site waiting to be prepped for the next sale.
This thread has been interesting and I know of more than a few local guys that have seen and talked about it. If there's any news let us know.
Thanks, Brunout and Abscraperguy. I know its probley none of my business, but when u have people like this Lester that keep starting new companys and walking away from big time debt hurting the small businesses in the area. and there are good companys just trying to stay alive today and have to worry about these kinda people that don't care about anything but whats in it for themself and not there employees or dealer/suppliers. oh well sorry for the rage there. but i have been burned before on a site work job the GC i sub to went out of business and i ended up getting a dime on the dollar and it cost me several pieces of equipment i had to sell to pay my suppliers.
Yeah if I had a trail like this behind me I could never go to town by myself. I would worry that some guy would put my lights out.
Anyone ever heard of JKR??? same storry You have to be stupid or just greedy to have a business fail in the past 10 years in the canadian economy !
Never heard of 'em. Where are or were they based out of and what kind of jobs did they do?
Lesters apprentice? :drinkup
keep updating this post whenever anyone can...,...i need to have a chat with good ol lester...
Lester is still up to the old games. A friend of mine has an interview with them today about a job. I tried warning him but......oh well.
Good ol' Lester is out trying to scrounge up work as we speak. We received a fax from him today asking for a quote on work in Mayerthorpe. Luckily he had a phone number on it...that I promptly called. When he returned his voicemail I made no bones about the fact that he wasn't even getting so much as a hello from us until he paid his old bill. Phone silence. Then he pinned it on his brother. And rolled it over to the bonding company that covered the job that our material went to. They are my next phone call. But if anyone wants Lester's cell number...PM me and I'm happy to share. That and his current mailing address, fax, and email.
WoW, now nice of Lester to blame it on his own brother. I guest nothing matters to him other than whats in it for him. Well wctgravel i hope u get your money now that u have some info on him. good luck.
I would love to get contact information for Good Ole Lester...PM it to me please.....
@dozergal - I'm a new member as well, so unable to PM members yet.
Wctgravel that was your third post so you have full member privileges. Post a new thread, PM, etc - the world's wide open.
YAHOOO!!! Thanks, HEF!!! I feel so powerful...in a small-town operator kind of way.
Theyre out of black diamond and anything they touch seems to go south in and awful hurry, he keeps finding ppl to invest in his business but all it seems to do is fail. His last trick was to get some of his employees to invest in his gravel pit as kind of an owner oporator kind of thing. Then anoter contractor that i know and that told me this story had sold JKR gravel and ended up oweing in the neiborhood of 50 000 or more to them. After a year or so the other contractor came in with his super b's and took the gravel back that was owed to them, hurting only the guys that invested in the pit. one of our pipe supplyers said that their foremans were putting orders on their personal visa's , Dunno how that worked out.
Would there be anything wrong with posting all of Lester's contact info on this board. Like this guy has left quite a trail and people might as well get all the info there is on him. Just a thought. Hopefully the mods will tune in and give the thumbs up or down.
I don't know him, But he makes us all look bad and he should pay for what he has done Post the info !
From the Forum Rules : So, uh, yeah, that would be forbidden. :cool2 What you do via PM is unknown to us, and totally your responsibility... On edit: I believe I might've mentioned something similar to this earlier-- anybody who might be considering the Russian solution would be stupid to post that on the internet. Again, you, not HEF, are responsible for whatever you post here. Don't get yourself in trouble in the real world with something you've posted here. And besides, unless that's legal in Canada, it's against the rules here too:
Hopefully you can PM me the info on Mr. Sorensen soon (as soon as I have PM priviledges.)
Wondering if Lester has the same cell number as he did before.....?? Any idea? btw...I am on the side that lost money!!!!
thats post #3 welcome to the club:drinkup
yep lets talk someone pm me asap with his numbers..i gotta chat with him...he was nice as pie when we first started doing buisness..now that he owes us moola..hes fell off the earth...i would just love to see him again..:deadhorse
I see a company called Nuport Earthworks Ltd out of Spruce Grove, looking for all kinds of employees. No phone number to call, just a email address to send resume too, and it sounds like Lester's companies so beware everyone. Another rumour flying around is that Lester is in jail on fraud charges and if he is in jail, hope he is squealling like a pig. I would like to see Lester go down real hard for all the things he's done to people. The employees he screwed probaly wont see a dime of what they are owed, which is really sad. TO EVERYONE LESTER IS POISON STAY AWAY FROM ANY COMPANY THAT OWNS. This is about his 7 time going **** up, Western Pipelines, Can-West Pipelines, Horizon Construction and Horizon Earthworks to name a few of his Ponzy scheme companies.....
Dozergal, I have a list of phones numbers for Lester's including his cell phone if it still works. PM me and I can give you the list and you get ahold of good old Lester the weasel.....
Nuport Earthworks Not sure if Nuport is related to Lester or not - we supplied material to them in 2008 and were paid for it, so they've been around for a while.
bidding too high for 2 years and counting A men to that wctgravel .
Just a little not or two about everyone favorite person Lester Sorenson, if anybody has his old cell phone or his pick up phone number! Don't worry be happy because they both still work and Lester will answer them both, I tried them both of them today and he answered, but when it come to talk about money he blames it all on his brother Jamie Sorenson that srewed everybody including him....All i have to say is LIES LIES and more LIES. So feel free to call him anytime day or night. Just a little note or two, Don't worry be HAPPY !!!!!!
NuPort A reply about Nuport Earthworks. NuPort has nothing to do Lesster or Horizon. It is a frist class company with about 25 pieces of modern earthmoving equipment, focuses on spiecalized earthmoving projects.It is a company that has been involved in such projects for over 10 years successfully. It is easier to look at emails and it is the modern why of doing business. Email: [email protected] and if you wish to call us here are the numbers.(780)719-7811 or (780)499-3800.
Wow , this story never quits . I know a few guys who would probably catch a flight out west to find Lester if they knew where he was hiding .
Crazy stuff right here.
Well this thread has been pretty quiet. What's this Lester fella up to now? I was just looking through the Alberta Construction Association book and I didn't see his name anywhere under the list of members. Lester's unfinished road project is getting finished up in my community. Don Larsen const got the job and by all appearances seem to be doing a fine job.
it's like he fell off the face of the earth...or someone found him. just sayin!
The latest on Lester Sorenson is that he and brother Jamie are in jail. They got caught up in B.C. somewhere working with the equipment that was seized by the baillift and they had stole it back to hide it. They had got a contract under Phase 2 Earthworks doing road work in B.C. When you screw your former employees they will find you and report you and this is what happend. Lester and Jamie has lots of charges against stemming from the late 90's of fraud, extortion and many other charges, the long arm of the law caught up with them. They will probally spend the rest of thier lives in jail.
Thats funny.... although I was in line at the TH Lounge this morning and saw a Phase 2 truck in front of me. Still had the chrome hoe sticker and says Phase 2 on it.
So which jail? Some of his employees might want to pay a friendly visit to their favorite boss.:drinkup
Well if this is true it makes my and my Bosses day!!!!!
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/detail-eng...d=equipment+operator&OfferpPage=50&Student=No just seen this posted in the job bank today
Less money offered here
http://www.serenitymodularhomes.ca/
Well my source was off a little bit.... I seen Lester driving a Phase 2 Earthworks pick up yesterday and he is back in the game so people beware Lester is nothing but a two time loser and a scam artist!!!!!!!!!! He has jobs available on the Canada job bank so please do not apply for any jobs with his company...... Lester is going to screw more people again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAD SAD
WoW, How can he keep getting Bonded ??? Did'nt he loss all of his equipment when Horizon when belly-up ?? Or did he buy it all back at the Auction ???
Well I guess those who should be in jail don't go!
In Canada? NOT LIKELY
Um so I was cruising job bank canada today looking at heavy equipment operator positions all over canada looking for companies hiring this yr I could hopefully apply at next yr and low and behold I found this job add. # Job Bank 5109862 Construction equipment operator Employer: Phase 2 Earthworks Inc Salary: $22.5 to $25/ Hourly, 70 hours Location: Area surrounding the City of Edmonton, AB Date Posted: 2010/06/23
hey everyone, was doing a switch from oilfield to inner city and i actually came across lester. I did work the day with him and thought something might be up so i did some reseach and came across this fourm. He seems to be shady and has a shady crew as long as a beat up new holland cat i was asked to operate. i am currently switching jobs to work for noyen tomorrow, but if anyone is looking for him he is out in Alberta beach doing a small scale subdivision.
he is working in alberta beach!
Noyen is a decent company.... If your working for a foreman named Ken be prepared to have an interesting day.
Got any new vids that don't have a track loader as the star Alex LOL
Actually I do.... but just for that the next video is gonna be a 973.
Oh come on I take it back
Well thats good to know burnout, haha no actually i might get lucky; my foreman is a woman by the name of beanne. any insight?
My brother sure didnt like her And he usally gets along with everbody except me Maybe they just got off on the wrong foot.
if i was to go back to work for her i would just off my self now.
Hmm not a good way to start off the career, but i do believe from the sounds of lester it would be quite a better pick
Has anyone heard anything about Hazo?
Hazo or Hazco
my mistake, Hazco?
Buddy of mine said he hated it there I worked for them in southern AB for a month didnt mind them. Just watch they try to tell you things like you have to go clean up nasty contaminated bio hazard hotel rooms and drug houses and stuff and when you sign on its in the job desscription so if they wana run you off they ask you to go and if you refuse they have the grounds to fire you on the spot.
Well thank you very much sir, that makes my delemna a lot easier.
Interesting statement indeed. I have been there almost 10 years now, any questions please pm me
This never happend to me I was told this by a couple guys who had worked there a couple of years could be complete bull to should have Included that in my origanal post. And to add if I ever wanted work and hazco offerd I would go back for a bit
Just to be clear, cummins05, this is NOT a slap on the wrist for you, (especially since you pointed out and corrected your own oversight), but since you've kinda provided a "teachable moment", I want to point something out. It says in the Forum Rules: (Emphasis added.) Now, the rule refers to machines, but in this thread the subject is particular employers. You're all talking about people, and their personal reputations. There's nothing that says you can't say what you think, or know, but keep in mind that you are responsible for anything you post. The part about third party experiences obviously extends to discussions of companies, as well as machinery. In fact, given that you're discussing people and their reputations, the part about third party experiences is probably doubly important. Carry on...
No problem Digger if you slapped me I would have to slap back LOL
:Banghead can we all just play nice
Ooooh... That could get ugly in a hurry. :cool2 We are. We are... BTW, We just amended the rules. Changes are in blue.
Hazco's a pretty good company to work for in my opinion.
Digger, your the same age as me... sooo.. you would probaby have to lay down for a nap between the slaps...lol Good topic by the way...very interesting..
I have several friends working for Hazco, and they seem to have nothing but good to say about them.
Our dear friend Lester Sorenson (Horizon Earthworks/Phase 102) hasn't been playing nice either.
Lets not forget that 9 times out of 10 when a person no longer works for a company they don't have good things to say about them. They could of left because they didn't fit in, or didn't like their boss, or had to run an old machine, or didn't want to travel. No matter what the reason it's only half the story. Maybe that guy who left wanted to run hoe but he was no good so they kept on putting him on a packer. If you ask the operator he's going to say that company is terrible to work for and they jerked him around the whole time he was there... And working for a company called HAZco you should expect that you're going to be dealing with hazardous material. Reminds me of my one day only dozer op. He showed up on a street bike and then complained he had to ride it in the dirt to get to the site. ...we are a CONSTRUCTION company and we develop new subdivisions and roads, meaning that there is nothing there, hence why we are building it. Here's a saying: If you work for Joes Sewage Pumping, don't complain if you deal with a lot of ... at work haha
Very well said Vantage TeS
Crazy thanks for the info
I have run into Lester every now and then since the Westar Pipeline days (98 I think). How he keeps finding people to back him financially is the real mystery. I bid a job against him in the winter of 2008/2009, and he came in at 35% of our price. Three weeks later our equipment managers phone was ringing "Can you rent me some widepads? I'll pay you when I get a progress payment." I've been working in Civil and industrial construction for earthworks contractors in Alberta for 11 years...how am I just finding this forum?
Westar I was approached by them when I was with Thompson Brothers. I did not go with them and with the look that was a good move. Went with Stalie instead but went back in the following spring.
Nuport has no affiliation with Horizon. You might want to do your research before posting something that you're not sure about.
I didn't see it mentioned but does this lester fella own this company as well? http://www.serenitymodularhomes.ca/
It kinda appears that way.
Yep Lester owns serenity modular homes....his construction company is now called Phase 2 Earthworks...and SURPRISE....things are already going downhill. ...same old story...
I never worked for Hazco, but for a couple of years I was on a job where they were the contractor employed for the demolition of an old process plant and also the packaging/removal of all the hazardous waste (asbestos, halon fire systems, structural steel coated with lead-based paints, spllled mercury & hydrocarbons, etc) from a former gold mining operation. They seemed a good bunch and all their guys from management down seemed to be a happy team, also very professional. Very low turnover of employees from what I saw. As their name suggests, they are speciaists in removing HAZARDOUS materials ......... nuff said. http://www.ccscorporation.ca/hazco/ http://www.canadawide.com/webfm_send/75
Yep, that's pretty much what my friends that work for them say. They have no real complaints.
The ad at Service Canada for Phase 2 Earthworks, which is Lester Sorenson, has the area listed as Lamont
was expecting to see the name George Whissell or Marshall Schubert but I guess snakes breed!
Lester Sorensen Earthworks 11 Myself (from BC) and another fellow from back east worked in Evansburg Alberta at a seniors complex still under construction by binder whose doing the building. We replaced three guys that quit. I've since quit. Lester lied about accommodations, promised $160.00 per week for grub. When asked for he said $160.00 every two weeks. He's apiece or work. I'm in Slave Lake with friends. Superintendent for binder hates lester nothing but delays but was happy with us as in BC, and back east. From cat skinners to truck drivers they all called him a weasel. I told him when I left to make sure he paid me and told him to give my check to fellow from back east he did not. I texted lester he said he sent it to my mailing address in BC. I talked to fellow from back east who can't afford to quit and go home - good operator/truck driver/equipment. I will wait a week to see if check gets to mailing address in BC. Fellow I talked to said sherriffs are looking for his equipment. Don't work for him - he's a piece of work - and I will get paid.
Why would sheriffs be looking for his equipment?
ya you're not getting paid buddy.
horizon Hes curently working in Evansburg doing utility work for binder.(senior complex being built) fuels up in Acheson - gas station before A&W 6-7 am Men bunking unit three accross from tic
Phase 2 Earthworks - Lester I know a guy from back east - that was given an NSF payroll cheque, and is still waiting for it to be replaced. Was told by Lester that it was in the mail 3 weeks ago! Never gonna see it. Complain to the Alberta Labour Standards and you might get your cheque! Has anyone received a record of employment from him recently? (Layoff slip or ROE)?
earthworks phase 11 Maybe its one of the guys who quit and we replaced or maybe its the guy i worked with from St. Johns. I'll phone him and see where he's at. I have not got payed yet.Not yet, tomorrow is deadline, if i don't have post office money order by tomorrow/Monday latest i will then go to labour standards.Latest agreement with the man himself. As far as the three guys we replaced, first day on the job we were warned about lester and the fact that one of the three guys who we were told quit one of the guys on that project said he knew the guy whoses cheque supposedly bounced for over thirty years. I asked lester the day i left why from the first day of work when people asked us who we where working for and when we told them they went OH! My! God! and then called him a name. I asked him what that was about and he when quiet and had no answer. All i know is that i have a weeks worth of long hours and have not been payed. When I get payed i will let the world know that lester payed me and give the man credit when credit's do. He's say's the cheque was sent and came back because no postal code on t1 form. I'm an honest person and have never screwed anybody and proud of it. I'm pretty sure that postal code goes right in box after postal box number. But I did not make copy. If money order for money owed me does not come in i will let people know i will let people know including Binder the prime contractor. If i get my money and its not short i will also let people know.
Sorry buddy, but I'll be really surprised if you get paid.....REALLY surprised.
I left Alberta in the 70's for BC but still have friends and familly in the slave Lake area and I will always love Alberta and Albertan's. One bad apple does not mean all Albertan's are bad but back in the day Albertan's would never allow this to happen. They would throw the bad apple into the compost pile or worst and I will get paid.
Good luck with that!
I don't think Lester would make good compost. That compost will just poison the garden.:bash Ya wishin you luck gettin paid. Keep us informed.
Wife ran into him at Huskie in achenson. told her he was up at red earth with snow cats
Yeah I've never dealt with anything so sketchy. I've worked with people who lied about expenses and assets of the company but nothing this bad.
Hey guys Lester lost the concrete plant in Lamont, didn't he? I heard he was back and up with 2 other companies, loving life, being lester, it is unbelievable he is still around and none of those crazy peps he screwed up there got to him yet. A local contractor around here that has the same traits as lester was just found dead in his doorway, single bullet to the head....news said no suspects, but there was a line of people that he owed money, funny thing.....the people interviewed sounded just like some of us unpaid employees. The only time I met the feller, after 2 minutes I said "man you remind me of an old boss up in Canada, you sure your not related to Lester Sorenson?" He apparently thought it was a compliment, I just walked away shakin my head with the famous line "FUC*IN HORIZON, FUC*KIN HORIZON"
hi,i know a little english im going to canada(biritish colombia),i have in my country d8n and I want a second hand d8r buy in Canada,can i find work in Canada for the d8r? and how much time the average price in hour?:beatsme
you guys talking about the former westar, starwest and every company he ever came up with? is that sorenson?
yeah sorry i just read this all from the beginning. I know the guy
I know of the weasel. Does he still live in stony? What name is he using now?
Amazing Lester can still find new guys to work .:cool2
It's awful to hear of how many scabby companies are around! I was looking at sending a resume to Phase 2, and after investigating this company through these threads, I am relieved I didn't! Unfortunatly, I was employed by a company by the name of PSA Construction who sounds exactly like this Phase 2. The owner Paul has burnt so many bridges its not even funny. I run into some people from rental companies etc., and they tell me how he still owes them money or screwed them over one way or another. He promises to pay his workers x amount of dollars, and when the paystub comes, its not what you agreed to. He screams at his employees, I mean SCREAMS for absolutely NO reason. This was with everyone!! His equipment is not at all taken care of. He is a crooked guy. His work ethic is extremely unsafe. I appreciate the input from this thread about phase 2, and hope someone who is looking for employment with PSA looks else where. No one deserves to work under these conditions.
What did you do with PSA? We did some work with them and they seemed ok. Some guys really screwed them around if I remember correctly.
I was an operator. I have never seen people screamed at like that. Starting from his payroll etc. Clerk to operators, he has made many many enemies. There is lots of work starting up again. Go elsewhere! I still speak to ex employees of psa and they all still have no use for this guy. I am sure after a month or so they see how much of an a u know what the owner is. There were 5 of us that couldn't take it anymore. 1 by 1 over a month or so we quit.. Happily!!
Get your money yet?
Does anyone know where their office or location is for Earthworks? I'm trying to locate Lester Sorenson to try and retrieve out standing bills overdue. No call backs, or emails to advise us of his status. If anyone knows, please reply back so we can get this situation sorted out.
would you know where i could locate him? office or feild location as he has outstanding bills due with us we need to collect on with no luck on a returned call or email.
Check your private messages
STAY AWAY From Lester Sorenson or Sorensen!!! Seems to be spelling his name different ways these days. He has teamed up with Pehdzehki Contractors in Wrigley NT, to screw many workers out of money. I waisted over 1000 dollars just to find out that the guys that were working there haven't been paid in over 5 weeks!!! while he was in Hawaii for 3 weeks.. I got out while I could. I am not going to work for them so they can put any amount of money in their pockets from my hard work. Good luck to those that are stuck in Wrigley work safe. Try not to run him over on the job site! I would love to hear more stories about the loser so as to keep this post alive. LESTER SORENSON IS IN WRIGLEY NT. IF ANY BILL COLECTORS ARE LOOKING FOR HIM.
Well, We can be added to the list of people burned by Lester Sorenson! We did a dump truck hauling job for him in Edmonton and we are out thousands. He paid the first cheque while the job was running and then did not come through on the final cheque. Didn't want to post on here earlier in case it hurt our chances of getting the money back, but I think that is never going to happen anyway and while he continues to operate it crippled us, so if I can warn one more person from doing business with this scum then please be forwarned! If we had searched on the internet first, it would have been obvious this guy was not on the up and up and would not have touched the job with a 10 foot pole!
Just wondering if anybody from the Wrigley NWT job got paid in full??? I am sure he would screw a few guy out of some pay to cover his next Hawaii trip.
I heard that Old Lester Sorenson was fired as project manager for that job in Wrigley NWT. and that the crew had to go the the labor board to try and get paid for the 5 -6 weeks of work that they did. As for the other sub contractors I hope you guys get your money. All that hard work in those cold conditions up there in the NWT Sucks to not get paid!! Hope that this helps the next guy from making the same mistake i did. glad i never stayed to work a minute for that loser
Lester Sorensen 1 780 699 **** Class 1 or concrete finisher 35$ Hi i have been working for this person and cut from my pay 12.5 hours for no reason.Take a look before you do the job and ask for your pay every friday .Read this frist HeavyEquipmentForums Have a nice day Luigi
Lester Sorensen 1 780 699 **** Class 1 or concrete finisher 35$ Hi i have been working for this person and cut from my pay 12.5 hours for no reason, just come from Quebec and working hard for this hours on Sunday so many lies at the end is no able to pay a for a quality job, i will go to TIm Horton owner have a nice talk and i will get my pay for sure. Have a nice day Luigi
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Luigi. Here's one of our Rules: Sorry to hear of your bad experience with that individual, but unfortunately, we can't allow the posting of any phone number that is not your own. After consultation between management, it's been determined that further addition to this thread will serve no useful purpose. The opinions expressed are here. Make of them what you will.