Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

High frequency screeners

komatsukid · 2009-08-20 18:35

Does anyone have experence with this type of screener?

Replies11
  1. #1Chris917862009-08-20 19:53

    I've seen it used once

  2. #2Squizzy246B2009-08-20 20:11

    Oh, Ok I'll own up... What the Hell is a High Frequency screener?

  3. #3komatsukid2009-08-22 15:42

    They are designed to screen fines. The screen box doesnt vibrate like a normal screener. The bars that the screens are mounted to float on rubber mounts. Each bar has a hydraulic vibrating motor bolted to it. So just the screens vibrate. The frequency is controled with a valve mounted the the main hydraluic pump. I have about 6hrs of experence with this particular plant and was looking for some advice. Any input would help.

  4. #4special tool2009-08-22 16:36

    Since you have about 6 hours experience with this machine, it appears that YOU are in the position to offer advice here. What can you tell us? How much did you pay for this machine? What are you loading it with? What is the power plant? What determines the frequency?

  5. #5komatsukid2009-08-22 17:50

    I did not purchase the machine. The company I work for bought it so we can screen sand. The plant is fed buy a Finlay 390 screener. We are attempting to process a sand to a 1.5 finus modulus base. We tried 1mm screens but they are too small and blind over in seconds. I guess I was after someome that would have ran one, and wanted to talk about feed rate and material prep.

  6. #6NL1CAT2009-08-23 10:17

    1.5mm sand is difficult to screen dry (or it must be really dry) I can't picture the screen u mean (have u got picture?) I think u need a Spanwelle screen http://www.heinlehmann.nl/spanwellen.php

  7. #7Turbo218352009-08-23 10:51

    Trying to get rid of the sand screw huh?

  8. #8komatsukid2009-08-26 18:50

    We dont have a sand screw, nor a washplant for that matter. We have nearly exhausted our blow sand resourses. This leaves us trying to dry screen a sand to the same spec as a mason sand. If that is not enough we bought a screener that we know nothing about.

  9. #9Turbo218352009-08-26 20:39

    Who was the dealer? Call them, you need support for the product you purchased, if they wont, the manufacturer should have a rep on the way to help you guys.

  10. #10NL1CAT2009-08-27 11:08

    Don't know what the mason sand spec is over there, but here in the Netherlands we have to wash out the dust (below 63 µ). So dry screening mason sand is out of the question over here. But if you have really dry sand, then you can screen it really good with a Spanwelle type screen. I've seen some pretty amazing results with it. Ok i know that's not the machine you have there but i only want to tell you about my experience with very fine materials. :my2c

  11. #11komatsukid2009-08-27 17:55

    We sell this sand to local dairy farmers. Its used as a litter for the cows to go to the bathroom on. If there is any "birdseye" size stone in it our costumers will reject it. The "birdseye" stone will become lodged in the hoof of the cow and cause infection. Last I heard my boss was trying to track down a field tech.