I'm considering buying a IHI 55 mini excavator. Any reviews, pros and cons ect, would be appreciated! It's rare to see one in my neck of the woods. It seems like alot of machine for the money, compared to other brands. Thanks, Mike
I have run the J and N series IHI's. I owned a 35J years ago. They run a four pump system. Multifunctioning is excellent. I always thought they had one of the best control packages that I have run. They are basic machines in the sense that there is not any bling. Very Japanese that way, but they do the job. I found CES in Etown, Ky very helpful. Parts are easy to get, they know the machines inside and out. I agree for the money spent they are a good deal. You might get beat up in resale, simply due to people are not that familiar with them, but the machines themselves are very solid in my opinion.
We have ran a few IHI machines in our rental fleet a few years back. They seem to be great machines. We really never had issues with them. If I remember correctly didn’t the also Produce machines for airman and a few others ? From memory they where very very similar to Older Takeuchis in lay out and overall build.